Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

5 hours ago, Hank said:

They are both very good. Love Bosch. Hunters was good. Goliath I enjoyed very much. He are half way through Homeland right now. 

I really liked Goliath season 1. I really didn't like season 2 and I quit after 2 episodes of season 3. I liked all of Bosch though.

OK, so I was a fan of "Twin Peaks" when it was on TV in the early 1990s (there was also a movie based on the show that was released a few years later).  Then, a couple of years ago, Showtime released 18 new episodes of the show, which included many of the original characters and most of which were directed by David Lynch.  The new episodes have been critically acclaimed, and I generally find David Lynch's stuff interesting, so I had these in the back of my mind as something I wanted to watch someday.  However, I didn't have the time or the inclination to re-watch the original 40-plus episodes, plus the movie.

A friend of mine recommended just re-watching the last 5 or 6 episodes of the show, plus the movie.  So over the last few months I re-watched those episodes, and over this past weekend I watched the movie, which I don't think I had seen previously.

Holy mackerel the movie was borderline unbearable.  Almost every scene was like fingernails on chalkboard.

Since there are no sports to watch, I'm going to start watching the new episodes, but my enthusiasm has taken a major hit.

On 3/22/2020 at 7:28 AM, Zamboni said:

Just watched El Camino. Very good. I should have watched the last one or two episodes of breaking bad before to refresh my memory of a few details. But overall I liked it a lot.

Me too.  Done so well.  Loved it. 

Just watched season 2 of Kingdom on netflix. Korean zombie series with subtitles. Much like season 1 I enjoyed it. Each season is only 6 episodes ( very bingeable )so if you like foreign zombie flicks with subtitles then do I have a show for you.lol

Edited by bunomatic

On 3/23/2020 at 11:42 AM, inkman said:

Me too.  Done so well.  Loved it. 

Recorded it just haven't watched it yet.  Was gonna delete but think I won't based on opinions here.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Better Call Saul has been outstanding this season IMHO.

I watched the first season and part of the second.  Was a slow build to me so I kind of gave up on it.  Wishing I hadn't.

Mrs. iT and I decided we wanted to rewatch the entire LOTR trilogy. We had never seen the extended edition so last night was TFOTR. All three hours and forty six minutes of it....I’ll be better prepared for the three hour and fifty eight minute TTT tomorrow night with more beers in the upstairs fridge. 

4 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Recorded it just haven't watched it yet.  Was gonna delete but think I won't based on opinions here.

I watched the first season and part of the second.  Was a slow build to me so I kind of gave up on it.  Wishing I hadn't.

Now you can binge, which should work really well with that show. No more slow build that way. 

If there are any Alton Brown fans out there, he’s posted a couple of live streams on his Youtube channel of him cooking dinner with his wife while they are locked down.  If you enjoy his weirdness, they are damned funny.  I’m pretty sure he’s rather drunk in the first one.  My wife and I had quite a few belly laughs watching them.

50 minutes ago, Weave said:

If there are any Alton Brown fans out there, he’s posted a couple of live streams on his Youtube channel of him cooking dinner with his wife while they are locked down.  If you enjoy his weirdness, they are damned funny.  I’m pretty sure he’s rather drunk in the first one.  My wife and I had quite a few belly laughs watching them.

Awesome. I will watch these.

The little I know of him, I'm actually a little surprised he has a wife.

I watched the first 4 minutes and am already cracking up.

15 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Anyone into a rather disturbing, dark movie experience ? Just watched a movie on netflix called ‘ The Platform ‘ . Check it out

Do the subtitles take away from the movie?

Edited by Indabuff

13 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Anyone into a rather disturbing, dark movie experience ? Just watched a movie on netflix called ‘ The Platform ‘ . Check it out

This was the worst movie I’ve seen in a really long time. It did absolutely nothing for me. I’ve been talking to some others about it and it seems like I’m the one who’s wrong. What am I missing?

On 3/27/2020 at 9:46 PM, darksabre said:

The new Star Trek movies are great, beautiful. But none are better than Wrath of Khan. 

I really like them, too. Although, the end of Into Darkness was a little disappointing. It was this great movie with spaceships and other worlds and technology and the future,... then it ends with a good ol’ fashioned train-top fight scene from some western.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/27/2020 at 10:38 PM, Zamboni said:

Lately, I’ve had a major obsession with watching classic (pre-1970) horror/scary films. Hammer studio. Christopher Lee. Peter Cushing. Vincent Price. That era. Good stuff.

I'm still haunted by the Price movie where he gets revenge on a food critic by cooking his poodle and stuffing it down his throat.