Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

I enjoyed The Kominsky Method, I’m not as old as Michael Douglas but I like the “old guy” comedy.

Same here.  What I like about the show is that these guys are in the downslide of their lives, but are working through it, through the pain of loss, the realization that they were less than perfect parents, and still they live their lives and have a laugh or two.  The depiction of the grieving process is really pretty spot on- it's not just a day or two.  It's weeks, months, maybe more.  And when you're feeling better about things something reminds you of your lost loved one and it all rushes back (like the dress).  The main characters are flawed but somehow live with themselves, just like all of us.

• Like (+1) 1

I just finished watching this new documentary that came out called The Russian Five https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8006926

Its about the 1990's Detroit Red Wings & the whole impact of bringing over Federov, Konstantinov, Larinov, Koslov & Fetisov that they had on that franchise & on the NHL as a whole.

It was really well done & even though i kinda hated Detroit when i was a kid, it gave me a new perspective on that team & their success & i thought i'd share it here in case any of you would be interested in checking it out.

You can probably find it on Netflix or if you can't i can give you a weblink to stream it from my computer if you want.

I also have a massive library of tv series & movies. Close to 3,000 titles hand picked in my collection. Heres a list in case anyone is interested. https://justpaste.it/6kyqf If theres something on that list you wanna watch, just let me know & i can give you a link to stream it from my pc as well.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MillerVaive said:

I just finished watching this new documentary that came out called The Russian Five https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8006926

Its about the 1990's Detroit Red Wings & the whole impact of bringing over Federov, Konstantinov, Larinov, Koslov & Fetisov that they had on that franchise & on the NHL as a whole.

It was really well done & even though i kinda hated Detroit when i was a kid, it gave me a new perspective on that team & their success & i thought i'd share it here in case any of you would be interested in checking it out.

You can probably find it on Netflix or if you can't i can give you a weblink to stream it from my computer if you want.

I also have a massive library of tv series & movies. Close to 3,000 titles hand picked in my collection. Heres a list in case anyone is interested. https://justpaste.it/6kyqf If theres something on that list you wanna watch, just let me know & i can give you a link to stream it from my pc as well.

I watched the Russian Five on a plane a few months ago -- it was great.

Thanks for the streaming offer too!

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/13/2020 at 1:43 PM, nfreeman said:

I watched the Russian Five on a plane a few months ago -- it was great.

Thanks for the streaming offer too!

Yeah it was, im glad i took a chance & watched it.

In the early part of the documentary, i was struck by a comment their GM Jim Devellano said a few years into their rebuild about how he was "nervous" that they hadn't improved as much as they had hoped. It made me think of Jbot & how here we are in the same situation. I bet or i would at least hope that Jbot is feeling nervous as well. It took Detroit 6-7 years after drafting Yzerman (our Eichel) before they were able to get Federov & start putting an outstanding team together. Gave me a little hope that the years we've wasted with Jack could still be salvaged. All we need now is to draft Federov haha.

7 hours ago, WildCard said:

Just watching Cheers for the first time. Man, they don't write shows like this anymore. Very clever, very unique/good characters

Cheers for the first time ? Wow congrats. I do my level best to not watch sitcoms. I have yet to watch a single episode of friends despite Jens hard nipples. I just cannot tolerate laughtracks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been watching Avenue5 on HBO. I think it’s hilarious. They even had a funny Buffalo reference in a recent episode.  A woman was called to the White House.  They show her getting into a cab.  The female cabbie says “Have you been to Buffalo before? It’s changed a lot since they moved the White House here.”

On 2/24/2020 at 6:00 PM, WildCard said:

Just watching Cheers for the first time. Man, they don't write shows like this anymore. Very clever, very unique/good characters

Have you ever watched Barney Miller?  Quintessential  comedy.  A benchmark.

3/12/2020 - The day the World stopped. 

I friend asked me today what he was going to watch now that all sports have been cancelled.  I responded how about reading a book. He said that will get old quick.  So I made a couple of suggestions.

On Acorn TV - 800 Words has been a fun show, as have the Brit mysteries.

On Netflix - I've been watching The Flash and some of the old DC superhero shows.

On Amazon - my guess is I'll eventually get into he Jack Ryan and Harry Bosch shows.  Also I enjoy the Grand Tour.

So what are you binge watching?

Has anyone seen McMillions on HBO?  As far as documentaries go this could have been done a lot better and edited down to about two hours, but the story is fascinating and the characters involved are engaging.  It’s all about one guy who ran security for the Marketing company McDonalds used for Monopoly game in the 90’s, and how he was able to steal all the winning pieces ($100k to $1,000,000) and distribute to a network of friends and family.

I used to love watching Last Man Standing. Then I got turned off by "Mike Baxter's" obnoxiousness. I  can see why people complain about the odious sounding board that the entertainment industry has become on both sides - with or without the politics/virtue signaling.

On 3/12/2020 at 10:41 PM, Broken Ankles said:

Has anyone seen McMillions on HBO?  As far as documentaries go this could have been done a lot better and edited down to about two hours, but the story is fascinating and the characters involved are engaging.  It’s all about one guy who ran security for the Marketing company McDonalds used for Monopoly game in the 90’s, and how he was able to steal all the winning pieces ($100k to $1,000,000) and distribute to a network of friends and family.

?

On 3/12/2020 at 10:40 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

On Amazon - my guess is I'll eventually get into he Jack Ryan and Harry Bosch shows.  Also I enjoy the Grand Tour.

So what are you binge watching?

They are both very good. Love Bosch. Hunters was good. Goliath I enjoyed very much. He are half way through Homeland right now.