Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

5 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Fortunately I’m able to suspend my belief when watching the usual fair from the likes of  Michael Bay. Newsflash- most of the action scenes can’t possibly happen in real life without mass casualties to normal humans either. Lol but that reality doesn’t stop most people from allowing themselves the ability of enjoying the make believe of an action film. Its not a Kubrik.

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

I think a certain set of expectations is appropriate for a movie like 6 Underground or the Fast & Furious movies.  Dumb action thrillers are what they are, and if you require consistent internal logic, you're probably in the wrong theater.  

You're both missing my point completely. I'm not looking for tremendous storytelling or depth of character. I'm looking for the big, dumb, entertaining action scenes to have sufficient quality to be entertaining. Demanding something be edited so that a coherent product emerges is simply asking for some baseline quality to the carnage. I'm not looking for logic or realism, I just need some level of competence. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

You're both missing my point completely. I'm not looking for tremendous storytelling or depth of character. I'm looking for the big, dumb, entertaining action scenes to have sufficient quality to be entertaining. Demanding something be edited so that a coherent product emerges is simply asking for some baseline quality to the carnage. I'm not looking for logic or realism, I just need some level of competence. 

I get what you’re saying.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Filmed entirely in Nova Scotia.  Said to be fantastic.

I really want to see The Lighthouse.

I posted upthread about it. Watched it twice in two days. It's fantastic. Will most likely watch it again. The acting is remarkable (Willem DeFoe is literally being buried alive with dirt going into his mouth and still delivering his lines).

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SwampD said:

I posted upthread about it. Watched it twice in two days. It's fantastic. Will most likely watch it again. The acting is remarkable (Willem DeFoe is literally being buried alive with dirt going into his mouth and still delivering his lines).

Awe man! You ruined it. Now I know there’s dirt involved and Defoe has a dirty mouth!

Thanks a lot 

Geesh!

On 7/16/2018 at 8:54 AM, nfreeman said:

My wife and I just finished "Dark" on Netflix.  Recommended.  It's sort of a German version of "Stranger Things," albeit a bit...darker.  Beautiful scenery of the German countryside and very well done.

I'm watching this right now, about 3/4 through it.  It's reminiscent of Stranger Things but definitely different.  I would also recommend Dark.  It's worth it to Google things as you go along because there's a lot going on, a lot of familial relationships to track.  If you go to the Dark Wikipedia entry you will see a few spoilers but knowing some of the facts (who's who and who's related to whom) doesn't detract from the story.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:24 PM, PASabreFan said:

Schitt's Creek was recommended to me recently. I've been bingeing it. It's terrible, but I can't stop. Some sense of SCTV nostalgia, I guess. And lots of eye candy.

I've watched some of this but I find it easy to put down after a few episodes and pick up again weeks later.

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I'm watching this right now, about 3/4 through it.  It's reminiscent of Stranger Things but definitely different.  I would also recommend Dark.  It's worth it to Google things as you go along because there's a lot going on, a lot of familial relationships to track.  If you go to the Dark Wikipedia entry you will see a few spoilers but knowing some of the facts (who's who and who's related to whom) doesn't detract from the story.

Full disclosure:  my wife and I liked Season 1 of Dark but we bailed about 1/3 of the way through Season 2.

We did both like Schitt's Creek.

We also both liked episode 1 of "The Outsider" on HBO, but not episodes 2 or 3 as much.  Episode 4 might be a make-or-break one for us.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:47 PM, SwampD said:

Is it on Netflix or Amazon or Hulu?

17 hours ago, BagBoy said:

The Lighthouse looks good.  

Any Peaky Blinders fans here?  It's a Netflix show about an Irish/Gypsy organized crime family in 1920's Birmingham, England.  Good stuff.

Peaky Blinders is awesome. It has a lot of good historical fiction.   I can't wait for the next season.

Rewatching Breaking Bad due to the pre El Camino/Better Call Saul launches.  It's at least my third time watching it and it never disappoints.  

Everyone hates Skylar but I'm a sucker for a blond with a nice rack.  Seeing Mike again gives me the warm and fuzzies.  Just a treat to watch.  

I'm also in a place in my life where I relate to Walter a lot more than previous times watched.  Oh and Hank gets me rolling every episode.