Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

18 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Everyone I know loves Black Mirror and tells me to watch it. The first episode was disgusting and awful and the second was cringe and impossible to get through and I never went back 

I made it 11 seconds into Black Mirror. 

Nope!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Hint to getting into Black Mirror; don’t watch the first episode. It’s pretty simple. Each one is it’s own episode so it won’t matter anyway.

Its worth it.

For my part, I actually enjoyed the first episode. In fact I generally felt the earlier seasons focused more on the “thought experiment” side of things, and I’m drawn to that.  But from hearing so many people’s thoughts on the show, I’m likely in the minority. 

Still like the newer ones too. Even Bandersnatch was fun for a bit. 

8 hours ago, jsb said:

Finished the first 5 episodes of Mindhunter on Netflix yesterday. Definitely worth a watch.

8 hours ago, jsb said:

Finished the first 5 episodes of Mindhunter on Netflix yesterday. Definitely worth a watch.

Just finished season 2. Enjoyed it. The actor that played Manson was great. Wayne Williams freaked me out. BTK is twisted.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/11/2019 at 10:04 AM, Zamboni said:

If you like old Twilight Zone, and Alfred Hitchcock, you’ll like ... Thriller (Boris Karloff hosts). 1961 - 1962. Over 60, ½ hour episodes. All are on YouTube.

Thanks for this!  I was not aware of this show.  I've been checking it out and it is good stuff.

For Fargo fans, I found this description of season 4 (airs sometime in 2020) on IMDb.com:

The head of an African American crime syndicate goes to war with the Italian mafia in Kansas City, Missouri during the 1950s

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 10:33 PM, bunomatic said:

Just finished season 2. Enjoyed it. The actor that played Manson was great. Wayne Williams freaked me out. BTK is twisted.

Just finished Mindhunter season 2, definitely worth a watch, hoping there's a Season 3. You're right BTK is a crazy mofo and Bill's kid is getting there also. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, jsb said:

Just finished Mindhunter season 2, definitely worth a watch, hoping there's a Season 3. You're right BTK is a crazy mofo and Bill's kid is getting there also. 

Yeah the Charlie actor was great.

Bill's kid's story is actually based off something true. Unrelated to these characters and who they approximate, but it was a particularly gruesome crime that really did happen. 

I'm most of the way through- been watching it while I work at night. 

I like how they're portraying BTK. It's maddening. He didn't get caught until 2005.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, #freejame said:

If young people knew more about metadata something tells me they wouldn’t access technology the way they currently do. 

. . . 

He was referencing the manner in which Dennis Rader was caught/convicted. It's a pretty interesting story. brb gotta go take more selfies for face id 

2 hours ago, josie said:

. . . 

He was referencing the manner in which Dennis Rader was caught/convicted. It's a pretty interesting story. brb gotta go take more selfies for face id 

That’s what I was also referencing. Wasn’t he caught from metadata on a floppy disk? 

Edited by #freejame
From the wiki: Police found metadata embedded in a deleted Microsoft Word document that was, unknown to Rader, still stored on the floppy disk

14 hours ago, inkman said:

Started "On becoming a God in Central Florida".  Kirsten Dunst is killing it. People are talking about her body and how she shouldn't be showing it (middle aged woman who just had a baby). It must be my old man eyes but I got no issues with any square inch of her being. 

Middle aged?  She's younger than me and I wasn't aware that I've quite hit that label yet.