Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

So I binge-watched season 1 of "The Last Kingdom," which is a joint BBC-Netflix production (there are 4 seasons so far).  It's a bit like Game of Thrones, but historical fiction with no magic, dragons, etc.  It's based on the history of the 9th-century war between England (when England was more like Westeros, with a bunch of regions, each with his own king) and the invading Danes (before they became known as Vikings).

It's not as good as Game of Thrones (and the sex and violence quotients are lower, but still ample), but it's pretty enjoyable and beautifully shot.  I give Season 1 a B to a B-plus, and I'm going ahead with Season 2, at least until TV sports resumes.

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So I binge-watched season 1 of "The Last Kingdom," which is a joint BBC-Netflix production (there are 4 seasons so far).  It's a bit like Game of Thrones, but historical fiction with no magic, dragons, etc.  It's based on the history of the 9th-century war between England (when England was more like Westeros, with a bunch of regions, each with his own king) and the invading Danes (before they became known as Vikings).

It's not as good as Game of Thrones (and the sex and violence quotients are lower, but still ample), but it's pretty enjoyable and beautifully shot.  I give Season 1 a B to a B-plus, and I'm going ahead with Season 2, at least until TV sports resumes.

You need to watch Outlander. It’s historical fiction with time travel. POSs the best thing I’ve ever watched on TV

23 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Its enjoyable, a bit below vikings but I like it too.  Also not completely historically accurate because the main character was the biggest backstabber of its time for both vikings and saxons in northumbria.   But I like the storyline and the acting isn't to bad.

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Disney will probably end up purchasing his rights outright for a bazillion dollars. 

There’s way to much money to be had by Sony to not figure this out. They finally have the franchise working, they can’t afford to reboot it for the 18th time. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, shrader said:

There’s way to much money to be had by Sony to not figure this out. They finally have the franchise working, they can’t afford to reboot it for the 18th time. 

Yea. I think this was Sony's way of saying Disney isn't getting 50% of the box office. They probably end up around a 70/30 split. I'm sure there's a number that Sony is willing to cede to avoid the financial risk of going it alone again.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Pretty much everyone was PO'd about that ending at the time.

I'm really not that mad, and kind of like it after reading some stuff, but it was just so abrupt.

At least they tied off all the story-lines beforehand

Edited by WildCard

30 minutes ago, WildCard said:

The latest season of AHS gets a little nauseating with how much politics are involved IMO but it's a solid story and it gets way more disturbing than usual

Yea, I didn’t care for the whole Clinton/Trump garbage in season 7. No need for that. I’ve liked most of the other seasons. 

On 9/6/2019 at 4:14 PM, WildCard said:

Went and saw Ready or Not with the lady friend. I liked it she loved it, anyone that's into Guardians of the Galaxy mixed with horror should check it out

Also just finished the Sopranos, what the ***** 

You're a lot faster than I am.  I'm towards the end of season 3 right now.

I need a new show. Just finished Carnival Row.  Here is what I have enjoyed in order of preference.

Breaking Bad

The Wire

Dexter

Better Call Saul

Sneaky Pete

GOT

Shameless

The Walking Dead

Snowfall (currently watching)

Anything on Amazon, Showtime and AMC are within my capabilities with other cable channels on demand as well. 

Edited by inkman