Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, RJforPrez said:

Thanks to Tondas' recent comment, I requested the full three-season run of Father Ted from my local library and binged them over this holiday weekend. I'd only seen bits and parts of episodes in the past, so it was quite a treat to get it all in one go! RIP Dermot Morgan, gone far too soon (one day after filming the last episode), and then Frank Kelly 18 years to the day after that.

I'd say more, but that would be an ecumenical matter...

Don't forget to see,  "A Christmassy Ted".  That was an hour-long special outside the 3 seasons.  I paid for it in cash, but prior to that, the money was just resting in my account.?

Edited by Tondas

"A Christmassy Ted" was included on the set the library had, as well as some interviews with the writers, some bits from when Ted and Dougal hosted Comic Relief, and other random madness. (Note: two of the blocks below have been slightly altered in case this is still meant to be a family forum.)

blocks.jpg

On 7/7/2019 at 9:19 PM, Zamboni said:

I’ve been enjoying FTWD. 

Gonna binge watch Luther next week.

Luther is so good! Except season 4, which I found really odd. That series is pretty much why I want Idris Elba in everything now. 

Anyway, saw Spiderman yesterday. Really strong finish to phase 3, and in my not-so-humble opinion, considerably better than Endgame. 

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Anyway, saw Spiderman yesterday. Really strong finish to phase 3, and in my not-so-humble opinion, considerably better than Endgame. 

Worth seeing in the theatre or wait for on-demand?

I saw "Yesterday" over the weekend.  I wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed it.  It's pretty funny and the lead actor is a terrific musician and just crushes a bunch of great Beatles songs.  Also, if you're so inclined, Ed Sheeran has a surprisingly big role.  Solid B-plus.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Tampa Theatre opened in 1926, just like Shea’s Buffalo.  Chicago architects designed each (John Eberson, Tampa and Rapp & Rapp, Buffalo).  Material, craftsmanship, chandeliers, organs, plush and luxurious, all for everyman.  Both theatres thrived, faltered, deteriorated and were later revived.  They don’t make ‘em like that anymore, and that’s too bad.  Here’s to progress and sterile multiplexes.

Today, MrsNeo and I will visit the Tampa Theatre, purchase two tiny red and white bags of popcorn, two sodas, and climb the stairs to the balcony.  It won’t be crowded.  “Our seats” (front row, balcony, stage right) will be open.  They always are.

Arriving early, we’ll listen to organ music and wonder at the elaborate interior.  The ceiling is a deep blue-black night sky, with twinkling stars.

Today’s film?  “The Wizard of Oz”.  Two giggling empty-nesters.  We will assault and bombard the scattered NeoEttes with texted selfies all day.

Worth the effort.  A web search around the architecture of the two theaters.  Start here.  https://tampatheatre.org/about/history/

Ah, Chicago ...  the gifts.

CF0C064D-C1EC-4BDB-9799-9FB424C3984B.jpeg

82EEA031-A101-4FBB-963E-A8CE09439EF8.jpeg

5AEE63E1-833D-4A0A-879B-9F061ED1E0D4.jpeg

Edit to add ...   Don’t underestimate the drawing power of The Wizard of Oz.  It was packed.  We saw many families with children, all dressed in character.  Awesome ....

Oh, and Flying Monkeys remain scary.

Edited by Neo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/15/2019 at 10:45 AM, TrueBlueGED said:

Luther is so good! Except season 4, which I found really odd. That series is pretty much why I want Idris Elba in everything now. 

I’m 3 episodes in, and it’s very good!  That red headed psycho woman is a piece of work! Lol 

Just saw Gabriel Iglesias live at the Ohio State Fair. I’ve never seen a full show/special from him. Honestly just clips on Facebook, probably. He was hilarious! I’ll have to watch his Netflix special now. We intentionally didn’t watch it before, just in case he refused any jokes. But it sounds like tonight’s show should be 100% unique from the Netflix special. 

2 hours ago, WildCard said:

Finally watching the Sopranos. I know the ending, but man this show really is as good as advertised. Reminds me a lot of Breaking Bad

Strangely enough, I just started it recently too. I started season three yesterday. It’s not what I expected but I can’t turn it off. 

Anyone watch Live PD most weekends and think out loud ...

”what the hell?”

”surprise surprise, and yet another driver driving without insurance, valid drivers license, registration, reeks of pot, kid not properly secured in the back seat, or drunk”

”you couldn’t pay me enough to deal with these degenerates”

”another idiot who thinks he/she can outrun the police”

”Walmart’s attract so many shoplifters, and they get caught a lot”

”why would someone think that was ok?”

”they let too many people off with just warnings” 

“Dan Abrams is a tool”

23 hours ago, Thwomp! said:

Enjoyed Once Upon a Time in Hollywood very much! 

13 hours ago, French Collection said:

I liked it as well, I've always enjoyed Tarantino's movies.

I've never been a Brad Pitt fan but I really liked his role and performance.

I just saw it and liked it quite a bit.  Kind of a departure for QT but very interesting and with great performances and as always some incredible scenes.