Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

1 hour ago, GoPre said:

Here's the first trailer for Episode 9 - The Rise of Skywalker

It looks awesome!  Of course.... Episode 8 had a great trailer, and that turned out to be a huge disappointment.  

The title is an instant attention grabber.  The Rise of Skywalker?  What does the title really mean?  A number of ideas are already being debated.  

Simply cannot wait for Episode 9 to be released in December.  

Let me add - I don’t think the title is making reference to Rey as a Skywalker.  I’m leaning towards the idea of younger generations viewing Skywalker as a legend.   Hence - Tbe rise of Skywalker.  

And then there’s the laugh at the end of the trailer right before the title reveal. That one is a much more stunning moment for me than the title. 

• 2 weeks later...

I went and saw Endgames last night. I would say it’s a top three Marvel movie, but it did take a while to wrap up at the end (maybe it felt that way because it was pushing 1am). I’ll tell you what though, I’ll never understand people who clap in support of something or someone, when that something or someone cannot hear you. It drives me absolutely insane.

Edited by #freejame
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/27/2019 at 8:55 AM, #freejame said:

I went and saw Endgames last night. I would say it’s a top three Marvel movie, but it did take a while to wrap up at the end (maybe it felt that way because it was pushing 1am). I’ll tell you what though, I’ll never understand people who clap in support of something or someone, when that something or someone cannot hear you. It drives me absolutely insane.

Just saw it and I, uh, disagree. I think it's easily among the worst Marvel movies, and clearly the worst Avengers. 

32 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Just saw it and I, uh, disagree. I think it's easily among the worst Marvel movies, and clearly the worst Avengers. 

did you watch age of ultron? you’re the first person i’ve seen have a negative overall feeling for the movie. which is fine.

On 4/27/2019 at 7:55 AM, #freejame said:

Never clapped or jumped w/ excitement when there was a big goal or save when watching at home?  

4 minutes ago, #freejame said:

What are you favorite marvel movies?

In some order, Iron Man, Thor Ragnarok, Infinity War, and Cap 2.

3 minutes ago, Hoss said:

did you watch age of ultron? you’re the first person i’ve seen have a negative overall feeling for the movie. which is fine.

I left Endgame with the same feeling I did leaving Age of Ultron, actually. The overall quality felt the same, but Endgame had some pretty big problems whereas Age of Uktron was just meh. I'll happily expand in a few weeks when spoilers are allowed. 

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

I left Endgame with the same feeling I did leaving Age of Ultron, actually. The overall quality felt the same, but Endgame had some pretty big problems whereas Age of Uktron was just meh. I'll happily expand in a few weeks when spoilers are allowed. 

Infinity War was made so well it made it as a sure in Endgame would be a disappointment.  At least in my opinion it was.  

19 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Might need to make a new thread for it.  I plan on seeing it next weekend but some people don't/can't see it until streaming/Bluray release.

I saw it yesterday.  It took a bit too long to get to the good parts, but it was fine.  I agree with GoPre earlier that it was next to impossible to follow up Infinity War.  Their main plan really doesn't make all that much sense given what happened in previous movies, but I'm willing to look past that and accept that it was necessary for the movie.  So as a whole, it wasn't a great movie, but they did a good job of closing this huge ongoing story arc.