Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

7 minutes ago, sabills said:

I liked Barry, too. Def takes a darker turn than I expected, though that's really on me.

Good to hear. I watched the first episode but was worried the whole killer/hit man was going to take a back seat to his acting aspirations. I guess I need to keep watching.

I may have mentioned this already but NBC’s Hannibal is an incredible experience. Not something you’d expect from a network like them but it’s got everything. Incredible characters, acting, visual effects and story telling. It’s even got a ton of gore. Laurence Fishburne, Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen.

23 minutes ago, LTS said:

Watching After Life on netflix.

It is the show I needed to see right now.  I feel like it was written specifically for me.

It has changed me.

That's the Ricky Gervaise one, right? If so, I thought it was pretty good, although I'm disappointed it was only 6 episodes (so far).

I also finished Season one of Good Girls on Netflix. Overall, I liked it, although I wish I had waited to start watching it later. I watched the first season on Netflix and started season 2 on Hulu but there are only 3 episodes available for season 2 at this time, so it won't be long before I'm completely caught up and having to wait for a new episode every week.

9 hours ago, Drunkard said:

That's the Ricky Gervaise one, right? If so, I thought it was pretty good, although I'm disappointed it was only 6 episodes (so far).

It is the Ricky Gervais one.  And crap, I might have watched the last one and not even known it... sigh.

8 hours ago, LTS said:

It is the Ricky Gervais one.  And crap, I might have watched the last one and not even known it... sigh.

Don't worry, man. If the show is a hit, they'll keep cranking out more seasons, you'll just have to wait a while. In the meantime, have you ever seen the show Six Feet Under on HBO? If not, I'd highly recommend it. Especially if you're trying to process feelings about death.

1 hour ago, Drunkard said:

Don't worry, man. If the show is a hit, they'll keep cranking out more seasons, you'll just have to wait a while. In the meantime, have you ever seen the show Six Feet Under on HBO? If not, I'd highly recommend it. Especially if you're trying to process feelings about death.

I have not seen it.. not an HBO subscriber.  I am aware of it.  You know, it's not really processing feelings about death for me.  I can't put my finger on it.  Perhaps it's more about appreciating what is happening in life in the context of what you think would not be missed if you were dead.

6 minutes ago, LTS said:

I have not seen it.. not an HBO subscriber.  I am aware of it.  You know, it's not really processing feelings about death for me.  I can't put my finger on it.  Perhaps it's more about appreciating what is happening in life in the context of what you think would not be missed if you were dead.

You should definitely check it out. I'm not sure if it's available on any other platforms, but if you're an Amazon Prime customer I know they have some of the HBO library such as the Sopranos available for free with a Prime subscription so maybe they have that one as well. The show ran from 2001 to 2005 and it follows a family run funeral home in California. Great show that covers all kinds of aspects regarding the people who die, the people they leave behind, etc. Someone dies at the beginning of each episode and the story kind of builds around the life of that deceased person. It also has one of the best endings that a show has ever had in my personal opinion.

56 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Went and saw ‘Us’ last night. It’s definitely a unique horror film in many ways. I’ve got my thoughts on what it all means but I’ll let people watch it first then talk a bit more.

Jordan Peele is brilliant.

I hope that talent someday translates to a comedy.  He's getting so much positive press lately, but horror is a genre I just can never get into.  So as good as he appears to be, I'm not going to be seeing either of these movies.

4 hours ago, shrader said:

I hope that talent someday translates to a comedy.  He's getting so much positive press lately, but horror is a genre I just can never get into.  So as good as he appears to be, I'm not going to be seeing either of these movies.

Key & Peele was legendary. I’m sure you’re aware of it and mean movies but I wish that show was still going.

9 hours ago, Drunkard said:

I just checked it out on my phone and all 5 seasons are available on Amazon video which is free for Prime Customers. Watch the first episode. If you don't love it, you only invested an hour, but if you enjoy it, you've got a ton of new content. Win win.

NIce.  I have Prime.  I will check it out.  Especially if they let you download episodes so I can watch on while I am flying in a week.

16 hours ago, Hoss said:

Key & Peele was legendary. I’m sure you’re aware of it and mean movies but I wish that show was still going.

That’s why I want to know if his film making would translate to a comedy movie. I’m shoehorning him into the only role I know for him. I’d love to see more of it, but I get the feeling from his recent success that we may not see that for a long time.