Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

18 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

What the actual frack? How? What? No! Dark fix!

haha everyone loses their damn marbles when I share I haven't seen Die Hard. It's almost making me never want to see it. I'm not really a big Bruce Willis fan so...

Ironically, I have a client who I've done a lot of art based off the movie for. So I kinda feel like I've seen it.

I swear to god guys, if I finally watch this movie it better blow my freaking mind in proportion to the loads of ***** people give me upon learning I've never spent 2 hours and 12 minutes of my short time on earth viewing it. It better not be overrated. I'm truthfully expecting an amusing testosterone-laden romp on par with Demolition Man. 

42 minutes ago, josie said:

haha everyone loses their damn marbles when I share I haven't seen Die Hard. It's almost making me never want to see it. I'm not really a big Bruce Willis fan so...

Ironically, I have a client who I've done a lot of art based off the movie for. So I kinda feel like I've seen it.

I swear to god guys, if I finally watch this movie it better blow my freaking mind in proportion to the loads of ***** people give me upon learning I've never spent 2 hours and 12 minutes of my short time on earth viewing it. It better not be overrated. I'm truthfully expecting an amusing testosterone-laden romp on par with Demolition Man. 

Don't watch it for Bruce Willis, watch it for Alan Rickman. 

4 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I get that reaction a lot with 70s/80s movies. I've never seen a Rocky or Rambo movie, or Top Gun, or Lethal Weapon, or Alien, or Predator, or Dirty Harry, or ...

I'm not going to give you *****, I just feel bad for you. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, josie said:

Die Hard is better than Demolition Man....but not by much. Willis is better than Stalone. Rickman is slightly better Snipes. Sandra Bullock doesn't have a comparison though.

4 hours ago, Weave said:

Christmas Vacation is the only Christmas movie worth watching.

Period.

Miracle on 34th St was my mother’s favorite. I wasn’t into it as a kid but the past few years I’ve made it a must watch to honor her memory. It’s good. My favorite scene? When she sees Kris singing in Dutch with the little orphan girl.... “Nicholas I beg of you,  
Drop into my little shoe,  
Something sweet or sweeter,  
Thank you, Saint and Peter!”

Believing is awesome.

11 hours ago, SwampD said:

With honorable mentions to Scrooged and the original A Christmas Carol (1951).

There it is!  Finally someone mentioned Scrooged.

I was wondering why it didn't get more love.

The Ref is a great Christmas movie as well.. I had forgotten about that.  At some point we'll catch hell for mentioning it because Kevin Spacey is in it, but it happened before we knew anything about his life.

My wife volunteerd to help out friends on Friday when their usual babysitter had to suddenly leave town.

I'm going to be the boyfriend (Sean Penn is not available) that she sneaks in.

We may even watch a movie.  I will keep you all posted.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
I don't think the bolded is actually a word, in any language ...

15 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Can we have a conversation about how, based upon what we now know about the banking system in this country, Mr. Potter is actually the good guy in It's a Wonderful life?

Haha! Seriously, you know that guy wasn't dishing out sub-prime mortgages! 

22 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Don't watch it for Bruce Willis, watch it for Alan Rickman. 

I'm not going to give you *****, I just feel bad for you. 

Definitely. One of my favourite actors, easily. 

15 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Can we have a conversation about how, based upon what we now know about the banking system in this country, Mr. Potter is actually the good guy in It's a Wonderful life?

I've heard there's a small movie series bearing his name dedicated to him for this exact reason. 

I realized that Mrs. iT never saw “The Stand” when it was a thing all of those years ago while talking about some of King’s other works that went to the screen. 

I couldn’t let this stand.

I alerted my contacts at Amazon and they rushed me a copy.

She really liked it. 

I never really thought about it before but I’m now wondering if our Randall Flagg is “The Stand” Flagg or one of the others...

• Like (+1) 1

I despise how children spoke in movies in the 40's. Their delivery, tone, diction. Everything! It just hits my ear wrong. I want them all dead of polio. Just watch that kid on the stand in court on Miracle on 34th Street. F'n terrible. 

On 12/10/2018 at 11:14 PM, Sabel79 said:

In this day and age, I can absolutely see how some shithead who blatantly stole $8000 from someone could be seen as the good guy.