Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Elf is so bad and made worse because from grade 5 to grade 12, whenever it was time to watch a Christmas movie the last two days before break, every single class chose Elf by an overwhelming margin and I was stuck watching it 3+ times per day. 

And the original cartoon Grinch is better than the Jim Carey one. 

Christmas Vacation indeed kicks arse 

Just now, darksabre said:

Best Christmas movie is Home Alone, fight me. 

This is probably true.

The Polar Express is the worst Christmas movie besides Elf

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Elf is so bad and made worse because from grade 5 to grade 12, whenever it was time to watch a Christmas movie the last two days before break, every single class chose Elf by an overwhelming margin and I was stuck watching it 3+ times per day.

I've never understood why that one is so loved.  It's passable, but that's it.  If I happen to bump into it on tv at this time of the year, I keep looking for something else.  Christmas Vacation is the one movie I will throw on even if there's only 5 minutes left.

My big two are always Die Hard and Gremlins.  I'm not going to get into the whole Christmas movie or not thing, but these are two movies I always watch at this time of the year.

11 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Best Christmas movie is Home Alone, fight me. 

Crap how did I forget that

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And the original cartoon Grinch is better than the Jim Carey one. 

Christmas Vacation indeed kicks arse 

This is probably true.

The Polar Express is the worst Christmas movie besides Elf

The Polar Express is meh at best

The original Grinch is good but really it just hits on nostalgia 

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

I've never understood why that one is so loved.  It's passable, but that's it.  If I happen to bump into it on tv at this time of the year, I keep looking for something else.  Christmas Vacation is the one movie I will throw on even if there's only 5 minutes left.

My big two are always Die Hard and Gremlins.  I'm not going to get into the whole Christmas movie or not thing, but these are two movies I always watch at this time of the year.

I like Elf but after some though I'm replacing it with Home Alone

That Vince Vaughn Christmas movie (Fred Claus?) was pretty good too

Edited by WildCard

I have never seen: Elf, Die Hard, Christmas in Connecticut, Love Actually 

And I don't like: Home Alone (seriously that movie makes me irrationally angry), The Santa Clause

Worst movie ever made: Christmas with the Kranks. Next to Jack Frost. 

I'm a total grinch... which is ok since I actually like the original and the Jim Carrey version. I'm already against the new Illumination version coming out. I greatly dislike the redesign and I'm in that grumpy group of folks who's super sick of redo's. (I also know a guy who worked on it and he's a total POS but that's a different story haha)

Good/fine: Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life, Holiday Inn, White Christmas, A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation (both of those were HATED in my family), The Muppets Christmas Carol.. can't think of many others... 

Honestly, my family never really watched holiday films. Christmas was always just stress, someone sick with the stomach flu, and people yelling at each other, so I guess I'm not a huge fan of the whole thing. Never really been a positive time.