Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

Ok, Justice League.

First things first. If you bring a baby to a movie, you deserve to be ice picked in the ear in your car in the parking garage, because you are a pile of human garbage!

Next thing. Movie kinda sucked. It had pretty much no excitement. There is just nothing to it. Everything about it is rushed. It's your basic DC movie. You know, sh!tty.

Random thought. Why on Earth would Aquaman have long hair? That sh!t would always be covering his face. It would be annoying as hell. By the way, Aquaman is a top 5 worst character in comic history. Christ, he sucks.

Barry Allen? Nope

Batman is now very old and very weak. As opposed to Dawn of Justice where he was beating up Superman.

Superman? that guy.

Wonder Woman? She's still lovely.

"I'm the bad guy... ? When did that happen?"

It's so great cuz everyone can relate to being in his shoes. Granted I'd like to think most people aren't teetering on the brink of insanity with a bag full of guns but we've all felt wronged by someone or something or in his case, everyone.

I heard a review on NPR today from one of their snooty, hard to please critics. The reviewer, David Edelstein, ended his review by calling the upcoming film "Call Me By Your Name" a "masterpiece." It floored me a little. Subject matter not up everyone's alley, but worth checking into, it sounds like.

Call Me By Your Name and Lady Bird have both been setting the film critic circles ablaze. I've yet to see either :( Edited by qwksndmonster

Call Me By Your Name and Lady Bird have both been setting the film critic circles ablaze. I've yet to see either :(

You need to add Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri to your list.  Saw that yesterday and can't recommend it enough. IMDb calls it a "darkly comic drama", which i think sums it up pretty well. Lots of twists and turns. It will be criminal if Frances McDormand is not up for best actress for her performance in this. She was amazing. Great cast with Woody Harrelson, Sam Rockwell, Peter Dinklage, Lucas Hedges, etc. Getting great reviews from critics and audience from what I saw.  Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jit3YhGx5pU

Lady Bird does look good too. Will likely see that one soon.

As a diversion I started watching 'Stalingrad' ... the good one.

It's a German film made in 1999 and I am about 30 minutes into a 2.5 hour horror movie.

It is said to be one of the best anti-war movies ever made.  So, far I would have to say whomever said that is correct.  It is absolutely great (?) at showing the horror of war.  I had to take a break from watching it.

It is still in the summer of 1942 and it is said to be even more horrific as the setting moves to winter of 1942/43.

Very gruesome and is said to be a very accurate depiction of the epic battle, which is said to be most awful in history.

The film is in German and this a directors cut with English subtitles and is over-dubbed in Russian, which took some getting used to.

I am watching on YouTube and can provide a link if anyone wants.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

As a diversion I started watching 'Stalingrad' ... the good one.

It's a German film made in 1999 and I am about 30 minutes into a 2.5 hour horror movie.

It is said to be one of the best anti-war movies ever made.  So, far I would have to say whomever said that is correct.  It is absolutely great (?) at showing the horror of war.  I had to take a break from watching it.

It is still in the summer of 1942 and it is said to be even more horrific as the setting moves to winter of 1942/43.

Very gruesome and is said to be a very accurate depiction of the epic battle, which is said to be most awful in history.

The film is in German and this a directors cut with English subtitles and is over-dubbed in Russian, which took some getting used to.

I am watching on YouTube and can provide a link if anyone wants.

Yep, I'll take a link.

Here you go ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b78YzQLo4TI

And it was made in 1993, sorry.

Good luck.

I am afraid that I will not make it through.

Thanks NS. Definitely one I'll have to take the time to watch- can't work and watch a subbed movie too well. 

I used to be able to watch war films/tragedies without too much issue, it's increasingly more difficult. I make myself do it though, it's important to me. I feel I owe it in some small part to those who went through it to hear their stories and try to slightly grasp what they went through. It's why I gorge on documentaries all day. First hand accounts. 

I've mentioned it before, but Dan Carlin's Hardcore History does an incredible and haunting series on Stalingrad- Ghosts of the Ostfront.

Anything's gotta be a better look into Stalingrad's siege than that absolute piece of crap farce Enemy at the Gates. Ron Perlman trying to be Russian. With a British accent. Oy. 

I'm here for bearded Cap'n 'Merica. 

I was not a fan of Civil War. It just went on forever and never entertained me at all. Maybe it was better in theaters, I don't know. So I'm really hoping this one is enjoyable.

It's been interesting to watch all the people I know who were like "Thor? Oh, another superhero movie? justice league? bah. Sick of 'em. Barf" get all giddy and starry eyed over another Avengers trailer. 

That actually looks good

I'm assuming the bad guy in this is DIV/0?

Na, name has nothing to do with the title I believe

I'm here for bearded Cap'n 'Merica. 

I was not a fan of Civil War. It just went on forever and never entertained me at all. Maybe it was better in theaters, I don't know. So I'm really hoping this one is enjoyable.

It's been interesting to watch all the people I know who were like "Thor? Oh, another superhero movie? justice league? bah. Sick of 'em. Barf" get all giddy and starry eyed over another Avengers trailer. 

Civil War was only good because of the fight scenes. They were very well done

I like Civil War. I like all the Cap movies. I think the character arcs of iron man and cap are really strong. And the fight scenes are super well blocked.

Infinity War being all serious and stuff does not get me excited after the amazing fun time of Ragnarok. And Thanos looks like a mix between Josh Brolin and a Greg Roman's fingers.

I like Civil War. I like all the Cap movies. I think the character arcs of iron man and cap are really strong. And the fight scenes are super well blocked.

Infinity War being all serious and stuff does not get me excited after the amazing fun time of Ragnarok. And Thanos looks like a mix between Josh Brolin and a Greg Roman's fingers.

I'll add my name to the list of those that enjoyed Civil War. For the reasons you mentioned, and also because of Holland's stellar turn as Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

I'm excited for Inifnity War. It certainly looks tonally drastically different from Thor, but to me that is the strength of the MCU. They'd never be able to sustain a franchise for this long without varying the tone and basically even the genre of the entries.

Thor was a comedy. An action comedy I suppose, but I'd call it a comedy first and foremost. And that's awesome.