Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

According to the NHL Ryan Miller will not get credit for a shutout despite giving up zero goals. A real Miller shutout.

I accidentally deleted my post saying it gave new meaning to the Ryan Miller shutout while trying to quote myself for a pat on the back. Let this be a lesson to all you kids out there: don't quote yourself from mobile.

But but but Armia?

He isn't good enough to beat out Wheeler, Connor, Laine or Ehlers....He sat in the pressbox last game.

They played him with offensive players ALL preseason and he does quite well and then the season starts and they play him on the 4th line and then sit him the next game? Before the Little injury, I had him on the 3rd line with Perreault and Connor.

He played with Perreault and Laine for a big part of the preseason and didn't look out of place...They played Chris freaking Thorburn in his place (6 minutes of playing time) last night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MZ4w1aJeiw

They played Ehlers with Matthias and Burmistrov for God's sake...

I'm not sure what management is thinking but I would be pleasantly surprised if the Jets make the post season this year.

Edited by Ducky

I don't see why he can't get a shutout.

Because the team gave up a goal & he was not on the ice / in the net for at least 1 shot against.

He wouldn't get credit for a shutout either if he'd had to come out of the game for a shift or 2 & then went back in & the team wasn't scored on. Though the TEAM would get credit for the shutout.

Because the team gave up a goal & he was not on the ice / in the net for at least 1 shot against.

He wouldn't get credit for a shutout either if he'd had to come out of the game for a shift or 2 & then went back in & the team wasn't scored on. Though the TEAM would get credit for the shutout.

OK, that makes sense. Although, technically, I'm sure there are many shutouts where the goaltender left the ice for an extra attacker during a pending power play.

OK, that makes sense. Although, technically, I'm sure there are many shutouts where the goaltender left the ice for an extra attacker during a pending power play.

But the team will not have faced a shot during that time of the delayed penalty. And if they throw the puck in their own net, he loses the shutout through no fault of his own.

But the team will not have faced a shot during that time of the delayed penalty. And if they throw the puck in their own net, he loses the shutout through no fault of his own.

As long as we're arguing about angels dancing on the heads of pins, what happens if the team ALMOST scores an own-goal in that situation but it is saved at the last minute by a defenseman?  

As long as we're arguing about angels dancing on the heads of pins, what happens if the team ALMOST scores an own-goal in that situation but it is saved at the last minute by a defenseman?

If a player other than the goalie blocks the shot before it reaches/passes the goalie/goal line (regardless of whether the goalie is in the crease, on the bench, or trapped behind the net w/ Lucic lying on his head), it is a blocked shot, not a shot on net. Therefore the goalie would still have stopped all the shots & his shutout is intact.

Fuuuuuuuuudge General Fanager has shut down. Founder hired by Las Vegas.

Honestly, I legit think they hired him to use his mock draft expertise. McPhee said the entire staff goes on there daily and gets an idea what will be out there.

Damn!   That was a good site.   Now what?  spotrac.com?

Analytics Inget. General fanager compiled salary and contract data. Talent evaluation was not the best in my book.

My guess is the hire was primarily for the database technology the site was built on, and the roster/player tools. According to James Mirtle, he was hired to be their "Hockey Operations Analyst"...maybe the title is just weird, but that doesn't scream player analytics to me.

Another site for salary cap info

https://www.capfriendly.com/

I really preferred the visual layout on general fanager :(

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.