Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

What are the chances that eichel is the "worst" of the young guns.... And that's tongue in Cheek....its certainly lying not 1 and 1a with him and Connor.... And obviously the book is out on Matthews.... But 4 goals is kinda big

I mean, does it matter who has the worst of Crosby-Malkin-Ovechkin? I really don't care where Eichel ends up relative to those two.

I mean, does it matter who has the worst of Crosby-Malkin-Ovechkin? I really don't care where Eichel ends up relative to those two.

I get where you're at, but to compare Jack to any of those 3 yet is a little premature. He's very good, and for a healthy sabres team, that might be all we need..... But very good to elite is quite a distinction and elite is still outta his reach right now

I get where you're at, but to compare Jack to any of those 3 yet is a little premature. He's very good, and for a healthy sabres team, that might be all we need..... But very good to elite is quite a distinction and elite is still outta his reach right now

For sure, but out of the recent groups of rookies, I think McDavid-Eichel-Matthews would be the three I choose to be the Crosby-Ovechkin-Malkin group that has the best shot to be the best forwards in the world for the next ten years. They all need to do a lot of work to get there, but I can't say I'd switch any of those guys out for someone else. 

To bad he didn't do it naked like in football :P

Mcdavid and Eichel wished they had a debut like Matthews though :P

But on the other hand the pressure will now be on the kid playing like that for Toronto all the time.

Edited by Huckleberry

The oilers new barn is nice but apparently they built it with little to no parking and now the city is having a field day fining everyone for charging to park in their yards and parking fines. Eventually they'll pay off the arena on the revenue from tickets. Parking tickets.

Edited by bunomatic

Wait, you think Malkin is better than Ovechkin?

Debatable. I actually don't and just assumed he ordered them to show Ovechkin as the worst. But irrelevant, really. Too early to draw that comparison and it's cheating when two of three are on the same team.

What Caps teams were good enough defensively? The year he scored 65, they wouldn't have made the playoffs without him.

They've had a few "that's definitely a playoff team without Ovie" teams but until last year their defense ranged from tire fire to mediocre, and their goaltending was suspect (Holtby is now a Vezina contender)

What Caps teams were good enough defensively? The year he scored 65, they wouldn't have made the playoffs without him.

They've had a few "that's definitely a playoff team without Ovie" teams but until last year their defense ranged from tire fire to mediocre, and their goaltending was suspect (Holtby is now a Vezina contender)

Didn't they have a year or two where they lost to epic goaltending performances by Lundqvist and Halak? I thought those teams were good enough to make a run.

Didn't they have a year or two where they lost to epic goaltending performances by Lundqvist and Halak? I thought those teams were good enough to make a run.

Well, the Halak team was an 8 seed that ended up losing to a team that lost decidedly to the Hawks that year, but I know that a hot goalie can beat any team on his own sometimes. And I don't remember much about the Rangers-Caps series, but they've never gotten out of the second round with Ovechkin, so I don't know.

Well, the Halak team was an 8 seed that ended up losing to a team that lost decidedly to the Hawks that year, but I know that a hot goalie can beat any team on his own sometimes. And I don't remember much about the Rangers-Caps series, but they've never gotten out of the second round with Ovechkin, so I don't know.

They've run into the Pens a few times

Who was that Halak team? Philly?

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.