Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Watching Pens-Caps, we are as far away from this level of hockey as we've ever been.

Marchand had 5 points tonight.

Yeah, it was the same thing in the Detroy-it game.  Players winning the puck along the boards and having teammates in open ice not too far away to advance the play.  What a concept.

McDavid 6 points in 2 games and he received a penalty tonight for embellishing when he was going to grab the puck for a breakaway. That team if the can add one more quality defenseman will challenge for a playoff spot for sure.

I have a horrible feeling McDavid - Eichel is going to be a Crosby - Bobby Ryan type 1-2 relationship. I think Eichel will be good, probably a bit better than Ryan - but I actually am sceptical he will ever be a superstar

I have a horrible feeling McDavid - Eichel is going to be a Crosby - Bobby Ryan type 1-2 relationship. I think Eichel will be good, probably a bit better than Ryan - but I actually am sceptical he will ever be a superstar

Somebody needs to go back and re-watch some Eichel from last season. Kid is a stud. If there's a Bobby Ryan from that draft, it's Dylan Strome.

Somebody needs to go back and re-watch some Eichel from last season. Kid is a stud. If there's a Bobby Ryan from that draft, it's Dylan Strome.

Yup. Great call on Strome too. Eichel likely won't be nearly the player McDavid is. And that's okay - provided the team develops as planned.

Yup. Great call on Strome too. Eichel likely won't be nearly the player McDavid is. And that's okay - provided the team develops as planned.

McDavid is clearly on another level than Eichel. He's a mind blowing talent to watch. Honestly, I have trouble processing the things he can do at full speed. He's the most dynamic talent I've ever seen and I'm tempted to get game center just go watch him.

No shame in Eichel being a step down from that, as a step down from that is still a top-10 talent in the league. We should all think back to the post co-caps years and ask if there was a single player on those teams we wouldn't have traded for Tyler Seguin. And I think Seguin is Eichel's floor once fully developed.

McDavid is clearly on another level than Eichel. He's a mind blowing talent to watch. Honestly, I have trouble processing the things he can do at full speed. He's the most dynamic talent I've ever seen and I'm tempted to get game center just go watch him.

No shame in Eichel being a step down from that, as a step down from that is still a top-10 talent in the league. We should all think back to the post co-caps years and ask if there was a single player on those teams we wouldn't have traded for Tyler Seguin. And I think Seguin is Eichel's floor once fully developed.

I would advise against game center. Watching McDavid causes sudden outbursts of "Why are we cursed" and " Bettman" and is followed by sudden onset of depression and spontaneous week night binge drinking. I am trying to cancel and get my money back. It might kill me ;)

What in god's name happened to Hockey Night in Canada? Currently watching the French feed of Ottawa -Montreal because I just couldn't take the cumbersome attempts, misguided at best, at pro Canadian (starring Pavel Bure and Mats Sundin!) autofellacio any further, and those six years of French classes neeed to count for something...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.