Darcy not as stupid as some thought

Barnabov

Just read an article on BuffaloNews.com and in the notes at the end it states that Lydman won't be old enough to qualify for UFA next year like some of us were worried about - good deal!

Now if our GM can manage a few more good trades to shore up the team (proven scoring winger and veteran Defense), I for one will feel pretty good about our playoff chances going into the start of the season.

Good trades would definatly be a good thing... but sub-par to being able to sign these players for nothing during Free Agency... that was two weeks ago... was he still on vacation or just asleep at the switch............. multiple times. why give stuff away now when you could have had it for free just a few weeks ago? I realise lydman may have not been unrestricted but less face it... other d-men were out there and in the same price range i would think.

Just read an article on BuffaloNews.com and in the notes at the end it states that Lydman won't be old enough to qualify for UFA next year like some of us were worried about - good deal!

Now if our GM can manage a few more good trades to shore up the team (proven scoring winger and veteran Defense), I for one will feel pretty good about our playoff chances going into the start of the season.

Help me out here.

I thought Teppo and the other guy were the "veteran defensemen".

Also,

Can you please explain how a GM who has yet to build a playoff team is a good GM? I would love to know. I keep hearing about this core of players and how good they are. How many playoff games have they played in a Sabre uniform?

This will be year #4 without a the playoffs in Buffalo. Why are Free Agents gong to sign here next season?

Hey. I wish the Sabres were good. I wish they had a good GM. They don't. A 4 year playoff drought proves it. It's the worst in the teams history. Which makes Darcy the worst GM in Sabre history. Maybe he can convince 'Mucks' to come back and build him another team to destroy.

Guest ron-in-DC

state of the Sabres - when we last saw NHL hockey the Sabres were the second youngest team in the league. Many people dont like how Darcy handled the FA this season but other than letting both Zhit and Satan go for nothing - think we should have kept one - we are in real good cap shape. We have young forwards coming up from Roch - Roy and Vanek. darcy has 2 years to go on the contract - its playoffs or bust and thats the way it should be.

Also.... Biron.... has zero playoff games, and that speaks louder than anything else, but if you look at the club records for goalies his name is way up there in all categories. He unfortunately followed a HOF-er in Hasek so Biron's mortal flaws - consistency - are more noticeable than his predecessor who did not have them until the very end...and in the playoffs....

state of the Sabres - when we last saw NHL hockey the Sabres were the second youngest team in the league. Many people dont like how Darcy handled the FA this season but other than letting both Zhit and Satan go for nothing - think we should have kept one - we are in real good cap shape. We have young forwards coming up from Roch - Roy and Vanek. darcy has 2 years to go on the contract - its playoffs or bust and thats the way it should be.

Also.... Biron.... has zero playoff games, and that speaks louder than anything else, but if you look at the club records for goalies his name is way up there in all categories. He unfortunately followed a HOF-er in Hasek so Biron's mortal flaws - consistency - are more noticeable than his predecessor who did not have them until the very end...and in the playoffs....

Are you sure about that?

The goal isn't the playoffs. It's collecting the revenue sharing by being a bottom eight revenue team. Go to the WGR web site and listen for yourself.

Are you sure about that?

The goal isn't the playoffs. It's collecting the revenue sharing by being a bottom eight revenue team. Go to the WGR web site and listen for yourself.

deluca - go drownded yourself in some cheap genny cream ale...and hopefully you can wash away the half full glass mentality that permeates in Bflo. It aint that bad, lets see how we play before all this doom and gloom stuff ...

deluca - go drownded yourself in some cheap genny cream ale...and hopefully you can wash away the half full glass mentality that permeates in Bflo.  It aint that bad, lets see how we play before all this doom and gloom stuff ...

Hey! Don't cry to me. Darcy said it. Not me.

Take off the rose color glasses and hit the WGR web site and listen. Darcy says it better then I ever can :lol:

Guest darcy is a genius

Miro Satan said it very nicely when talking about the genius Regier.

Satan marveled at his departure.

"I was definitely surprised because I didn't think it was the best option for them," Satan said. "I knew about some of their options and what they might do, but I definitely didn't expect that one. I thought they were going to qualify me and then decide what they want, maybe trade me. I didn't expect they'd make me a free agent for nothing"

A free agent for nothing!!!!!!!!! Excellent move Darcy!!!

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050...?tbd1059121.asp

Archived