Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

• 3 weeks later...

Vesey update.

10 games, 6 goals, 3 assists 9 pts +5

The kid looks really good. I hate to say it, but it looks like he made the right choice. He is becoming a star in NYC. That means huge opportunities off the ice.

I will agree: Many of us (myself included) gave the guy a lot of flack for the choice he made, but the early results are a resounding justification of the choice he made.

Vesey's hot start makes me even more sad we didn't get him. Imagine how good our lineup would look with him added to a healthy Jack and Kane come December.

At least it makes Murray's trade for his rights and attempt to sign him look even better in retrospect.

No matter how you look at it, Murray took the risk that so many bitched about Regier never doing. It didn't pan out. It was a 3rd round pick. In 56 years, how many 3rd rounders ended up being game-changers for the Sabres? Sekera? Sheppard? Cloutier? 

Seriously, let this die..................

The Rangers obviously do have a large fan base, though. Just not relative to their other major sports teams.

Show Jimmy's picture to 200 people in Manhattan. If 6 of them knew who he was I'd in my hat.

Actually, I bet you could do that with the whole Rangers roster.

Definitely the islanders roster.

There are 20 million people in the greater NY metro area. That's more than half of all of Canada. Maybe relative to the overall population it's not a lot, but there are a lot more Rangers fans than you guys think.

I'm certainly not questioning how many Rangers fans there are but I am questioning how many hockey fans there are. We are a very jaded bunch in here. Most of my friends, who I consider good Sabres fans couldn't name 50% of the roster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.