Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

So kids... Murray can officially talk to Vesey and convince he wants to be Jack's permanent winger... think it gets done.

Also who the fudge is VesCey? fix the thread title JSB

I think it gets done for sure. I indicated a couple days ago I was curious as to why Murray hadn't already traded for his rights - guess I should have known.

Good deal, good top 6 potential. Good job Tim!

Suck on that, "because Buffalo" brigade. Why not us! That's the attitude baby!

Yup. Between this, and Des' new contract, and the MSG news, and seeing another cursed city finally break through, it's been a great day.

This pleases me. If all goes to plan that's one less top-6 forward we need to worry about protecting in the expansion draft as he'll be on an ELC.

Never even thought of that.

like.  any idea what timeframe we can expect for this guy making it to regular playing time?  i can't imagine he steps right in a la eichel.

He will step in right away I think, cause he's already 23.

I think our second line next year is:

Vesey - Eichel - Reinhart

That's awesome.

Is Vesey decent defensively?

He has a strong all around game.  I think he puts up similar number to Reinhart and completes that line.  Before you laugh at that, remember he's 3 years older than Jack and Reinhart.  Jack and Reinhart also just found another roommate

He has a strong all around game.  I think he puts up similar number to Reinhart and completes that line.  Before you laugh at that, remember he's 3 years older than Jack and Reinhart.  Jack and Reinhart also just found another roommate

The REV line, Reinhart, Eichel, Vesey

Peter Donatelli, who represents Jimmy Vesey, had this to say about the Buffalo Sabres acquiring the rights of his client from the Nashville Predators: "In our opinion, the only thing that has happened is now the Sabres have stepped into the shoes of Nashville for exclusive rights [to negotiate] until Aug. 15. However, at this time, it doesn't change Jimmy Vesey's intention to become a free agent on Aug. 15."

Edited by BRAWNDO

Umm...

Peter Donatelli, who represents Jimmy Vesey, had this to say about the Buffalo Sabres acquiring the rights of his client from the Nashville Predators: "In our opinion, the only thing that has happened is now the Sabres have stepped into the shoes of Nashville for exclusive rights [to negotiate] until Aug. 15. However, at this time, it doesn't change Jimmy Vesey's intention to become a free agent on Aug. 15."

Not surprised at all. Vesey has maintained for months that he wants to be a UFA and chose his spot. 

Not surprised at all. Vesey has maintained for months that he wants to be a UFA and chose his spot. 

Makes sense.  Especially at age 23 you can see where he'd be in a different frame of mind than an 18-19 year old - that just thinks, I don't care I just want to play.

This sounds a bit more genuine than just a negotiating ploy.  I do however think that all things being equal - we're a team he should be looking at anyway.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.