Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

Jimmy Vesey was drafted No. 66 overall in 2012. The third-rounder the #sabres sent to the #press for his rights falls at No. 76.

this isn't really a prediction, but I'll put it here anyway.  This is Vesey with some

comparables.  In addition to the chart below, I'm not really confident on how my model

deals with 22 year old NCAA players, so I like to look at when players reach 1000,

(NHL ready)

These are players within an inch and within 10 pounds of Vesey at age 17

Eichel reaches well over 1000 at 17

Toews, Boeser, and almost Pacioretty at 18

Stastny and Kerdiles at 19

Wagner at 20

Vesey and almost Blake Geoffrion at 21

Vesey at 22

vesey.png

I know it would be tampering but I would think Murray (via Eichel) must have an idea he can get a deal done with him.  Don't know where he projects and how good he can be but this is great news!!!!

Unsure how he will end up but he looks to be quite good.

This is what I've been talking up for weeks - he ws my #1 target in the offseason.  In line with exactly what we're trying to do in building a young  team.  A third is a decent pick, so I would imagine Captain Jack has had ...cough....cough...discussions with him.  I would hope so anyway

I know it would be tampering but I would think Murray (via Eichel) must have an idea he can get a deal done with him. Don't know where he projects and how good he can be but this is great news!!!!

Legit top-6 prospect. That a playoff team like Nashville promised him top-6 minutes in the playoffs tells you something. So excited. Get the deal signed!

McKenzie: BUF GM on trading for Vesey rights: "Why not us? Why not give it a shot? We have a spot in our Top 6 for him. We had four 3rd-round picks."

I love GMTM.....

Legit top-6 prospect. That a playoff team like Nashville promised him top-6 minutes in the playoffs tells you something. So excited. Get the deal signed!

Good stuff.  Let's get the deal done now.

I know it would be tampering but I would think Murray (via Eichel) must have an idea he can get a deal done with him.  Don't know where he projects and how good he can be but this is great news!!!!

I think he projects as a guy who can step into a top 6 role.

I have to think/hope they know they can get him with the connection through Jack. You can't give up a 3rd rounder for a complete "shot in the dark". Very exciting but lets wait till he signs before going completely overboard in celebration.

I think he projects as a guy who can step into a top 6 role.

I have to think/hope they know they can get him with the connection through Jack. You can't give up a 3rd rounder for a complete "shot in the dark". Very exciting but lets wait till he signs before going completely overboard in celebration.

I agree but we had 4 of them

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.