The Great Sabrespace Draft Meetup - Big Ditch Brewery ~5-5:30

TrueBlueGED

Why?  We're all hockey geeks.  I've met people here in the following ways:

(1)  One, through my sis, not kidding.  He was a friend of hers and we joined TSR (precursor to SS) at about the same time.

(2)  Tom Webster hosted a thing at a bar in Depew one year and a bunch of us went, that was awkward but neat.

(2.5) Totally by accident, freeman and I were in the same bar a few years ago.

(3)  Ink and Taro convinced me to go to an Amerks game and meet them, which I did, and then white-knuckled it the whole way home through a snowstorm.

(4) biodork and her boyfriend met up with me before a game.

(5)  biodork and her friend (female) met up with me before a game and then after the game, and my friend was an ######.

(6) ink, d4rk, Josie, Taro, weave, biodork, me at an Amerks game last year.  This time, I was smart enough to get a hotel room.

(7) Taro and his son at Washington Square Pub (?) last year.

Am I missing any?  If so, sorry!

EDIT on No. 6:  We also all had dinner before and drinks after.  It was a really great time.  Amazing people.  Just really really great people.  And I got to ride shotgun in Ink's Cadillac.

Close, it was the Irish Times.

Pretty sure I'm in.

I would love to do this. I am far too intimidated to follow through. 

Pffft, you can't possibly be more of an awkward dork than I am :P

Indeed.  Plenty of wise and kind-hearted folks here, but I don't think we're a bunch of rock stars.

I'll be in Ecuador, I put something up in the natural disasters thread, but that's not a very frequented thread. Doing medical mission work for victims of the quake and other underserved areas, using a cloud based EMR, and no Internet or phone, very little running water and only 2-3 hours of electricity per night, generator based.

El Salvador, Ecuador.... Tomato tomaato

I am very excited about this, but if the draft falls during the time I'm gone, I will still be sad.

Good man.

There will be 5,000 tickets available for Sabres Fans. The first 4,000 will be offered to STH via lottery. The remaining will go on sale to the general public. There will be a charge for the tickets.

The Sabres will be hosting a draft party at Canal Side as well.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/05/05/demand-nhl-draft-tickets-expected-much-greater-supply/

There will be 5,000 tickets available for Sabres Fans. The first 4,000 will be offered to STH via lottery. The remaining will go on sale to the general public. There will be a charge for the tickets.

The Sabres will be hosting a draft party at Canal Side as well.

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/05/05/demand-nhl-draft-tickets-expected-much-greater-supply/

How the #### do they only have 5,000 tix available? Even if the board behind the stage knocked 1/3 of the seats out of use, there are still 12,000 additional seats in the rink. Does the league REALLY need to reserve 7,000 seats for themselves & the 60 families of kids that'll be invited?

Brilliant job Mr. Brandon. Bravo. <_<

How the #### do they only have 5,000 tix available? Even if the board behind the stage knocked 1/3 of the seats out of use, there are still 12,000 additional seats in the rink. Does the league REALLY need to reserve 7,000 seats for themselves & the 60 families of kids that'll be invited?

He's obviously saving 5,000 or so seats for the high-value target fans from Toronto.

Easy now. Gibby got promoted, and SDS doesn't have Brandon's phone number in his Rolodex... or does he???

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.