Here's an idea.

deluca67

Let's all buy Sabre tickets out of spite? That way they won't finish in the bottom eight in revenue and collect revenue sharing.

Do you think if ticket sales are too high they would do something to discourage fans? Maybe release wolverines into the crowd in between periods? Or maybe trade Vanek and Miller straight up for Corkum?

Hey. It's just a thought ;)

I have a question. Why does everybody keep talking about the Sabres needing to be in the bottom 8 in revenue to get revenue sharing? I haven't been able to find a copy of the CBA, but according to the NHL website, the bottom 15 teams can get revenue sharing provided they aren't in too large of a TV market. I find it hard to believe the Sabres will be in the top half of revenue generators even if we have a surprise division winner like in '96-'97 or make a long playoff run like the next few years.

Has anybody seen what the formula for revenue sharing is?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.

I have a question. Why does everybody keep talking about the Sabres needing to be in the bottom 8 in revenue to get revenue sharing? I haven't been able to find a copy of the CBA, but according to the NHL website, the bottom 15 teams can get revenue sharing provided they aren't in too large of a TV market. I find it hard to believe the Sabres will be in the top half of revenue generators even if we have a surprise division winner like in '96-'97 or make a long playoff run like the next few years.

Has anybody seen what the formula for revenue sharing is?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave.

Hit the WGR550 web site and listen to the Regier interview in the 'Audio Vault'. He goes into it there.

The message many have gotten from his statements is that the #1 goal is to collect revenue sharing and we should all just feel lucky to have a team. Not exact words. You'll just have to listen and draw your own conclusions.

Guest Kristian

Why would anyone feel lucky to have a "team" like The Sabres?

I swear to god, I expect Charlie Sheen and Corbin Bernsen being the next additions to the roster.

• 3 months later...

Archived