Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

Statement from the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office about an interview the President of the Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police did this morning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14806121/philadelphia-fraternal-order-police-president-frustrated-lesean-mccoy-investigation):

My team and I are continuing to investigate the incident that took place at the Recess Lounge. Like with all investigations, I don’t comment about what I will or will not do until all of the evidence has been thoroughly reviewed.

I understand that people are interested in the outcome of our investigation, but we’re not going to rush because some people are impatient – and to say that I am unwilling to prosecute difficult cases is a little misinformed. I’m the DA who has prosecuted police, gone after priests who shielded pedophiles, lawmakers who were caught on tape taking money for political favors and the people who attacked a gay couple in Center City.

The people of Philadelphia elected me to charge the right people with the right crimes nothing more and nothing less. My only goal is to get it right, not fast. The last thing we need is a rush to judgment.

I can handle the challenge of difficult cases and I’m only going to operate on one timeline: The timeline that ends when all the evidence is collected, has been reviewed and I have made the decision to charge or not charge a case.

R. Seth Williams

Philadelphia District Attorney Office

Statement from the Philadelphia District Attorney's Office about an interview the President of the Philadelphia Fraternal Order of Police did this morning (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14806121/philadelphia-fraternal-order-police-president-frustrated-lesean-mccoy-investigation):

My team and I are continuing to investigate the incident that took place at the Recess Lounge. Like with all investigations, I don’t comment about what I will or will not do until all of the evidence has been thoroughly reviewed.

I understand that people are interested in the outcome of our investigation, but we’re not going to rush because some people are impatient – and to say that I am unwilling to prosecute difficult cases is a little misinformed. I’m the DA who has prosecuted police, gone after priests who shielded pedophiles, lawmakers who were caught on tape taking money for political favors and the people who attacked a gay couple in Center City.

The people of Philadelphia elected me to charge the right people with the right crimes nothing more and nothing less. My only goal is to get it right, not fast. The last thing we need is a rush to judgment.

I can handle the challenge of difficult cases and I’m only going to operate on one timeline: The timeline that ends when all the evidence is collected, has been reviewed and I have made the decision to charge or not charge a case.

R. Seth Williams

Now that is responsible.

Police union chief saying they'll go to the Attorney General if the DA doesn't file charges. At a time when tensions with police are high and people are questioning police power, saying things like the following is, ahem, not advantageous (emphasis mine):

Edit: Errr, here's the full article I somehow forgot to link. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14806121/philadelphia-fraternal-order-police-president-frustrated-lesean-mccoy-investigation

I think they're overlooking it. I think they're investigating too much. They need to just move on with it. If he does not charge the group of individuals that were there that night, that's an absolute disrespect to Philadelphia police officers.
Edited by TrueBlueGED

R. Seth Williams

I know nothing about the guy, but he appears to be a good DA. Not giving a you know what about the general population's opinion. Conducting a thorough investigation is what the public should want. Do not understand why people want a quick decision on charges being filed. If a person amongst the general population were in the same position, they'd want the same type of investigation. 

As in, $10m, annually? What does he make now? Something tells me he really isn't taking that big of a cut

He counts 19.6M against the cap, but I don't know what his annual is.

He also wants to "meet the team halfway" when it comes to the defensive scheme and playcalling, and that's not happening.

He counts 19.6M against the cap, but I don't know what his annual is.

He also wants to "meet the team halfway" when it comes to the defensive scheme and playcalling, and that's not happening.

No way is he staying here if he thinks he can just run things or be a thorn in that locker room

I think his agent told him nobody is paying him anywhere near what he's making if he gets cut.

This is likely it. Arizona would love to have him though, not sure how much he would get though. TBF though, he talks a lot about how much he likes this place on the team as to why he wants to stay, but that could just be talk

As in, $10m, annually? What does he make now? Something tells me he really isn't taking that big of a cut

$10 million this season. Maybe $8 million next season. Basically a 50% pay cut over the next two seasons. And I'm not even interested at that rate. He'll likely get a contract similar to Julius Peppers on the open market which set at an average annual cap hit of $8.66 million. To get there he'd need an $11.3M cut this season and somewhere around $7.9M next season.

Yeah this dude ###### covered the bridge in gas, alcohol,c4, ampho, nitroglycerin, and propane and lit the match.

And Rex built the bridge out of balsa wood to boot.

Then the C4 was overkill and a waste of money...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.