GDT: Buffalo @ Boston, 7:00 pm edt, 2-6-2016

WildCard

Beat me once, shame on me. Beat me twice, and I put that little ###### rat through the glass. Your Buffalo Sabres will be looking for revenge like you do against the ass-head in the office who wears his Pats jersey and spoons with a Brady fathead in his mom's basement. A game, you think this is a game? No, this is personal. Boston is the guy who eats out of the peanut butter jar with his fingers; the guy who takes your company parking spot; the girl who eats from your plate when she insisted she wasn't hungry; the guy who doesn't smokes but will always bum one off you; that dude in the circle who didn't throw down but wants in; slow walking, close talking, mouth breathing neanderthal who's idea of an argument is to simply yell louder than you. Boston's the girl that gets mad at you for holding the door, then yells out you about chivalry; the guy who claims no chicks like him, then rocks a gem-studded douchebag vest out to the bars where he brags about the chicks he's banged. That guy that one ups every story you have; the interrupter; the complainer; and that oh so special princess who says "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best". Simply put, Boston is everything you hate in life.

The Sabres, our burgeoning hero who rises from the ashes to put our city back on the map, will look to make a statement to the NHL that we are no longer the red-headed step-child of the league (Sorry bio, I'm a ginger too though. Well, 1/2). Coming off a heart-breaking 3-2 SO loss against Boston on Thursday night, one that saw the best and worst of Chad Johnson, and the worst of Dan Byslma, the Sabres will look to avenge their loss and continue the playoff push by making ground against a divisional opponent and a WC contender. Buffalo is much, much better on the road. Boston sits at 11-13-3 at home, and the Sabres are 12-11-2 on the road. Considering the away team has one each contest so far, I'll expect a Sabres win, and a better showing by DD.

Look for Lehner and Rask to get the starts. Marcus Foligno is out with a LBI, and Daniel Cat-nasty will make his pro-debut.

Game Preview

STATS:
All Stats Buffalo @ Boston (6-3 win) 
All Stats Boston @ Buffalo (4-1 loss) NA Right Now 
All Stats Boston @ Buffalo (3-2 SO loss) 
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Friday Practice Report

If Foligno is indeed unable to play on Saturday, the Sabres will turn to rookie Daniel Catenacci in his place. Catenacci, 23, was recalled for the first time in his career on Friday afternoon after scoring 16 points (7+9) in 36 games for Rochester this season.

Selected by Buffalo in the third round (77th overall) of the 2011 NHL Draft, Catenacci is currently riding a five-game point streak for the Amerks Rochester. In 182 career games for Rochester, he has 68 points (33+35) and 123 penalty minutes.

Buffalo:
Forwards:

88 Jamie McGinn – 90 Ryan O''Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 15 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta

Evander Kane – 22 Johan Larsson – 44 Nicolas Deslauriers

26 Matt Moulson – 17 David Legwand – Daniel Cat-Nasty

Defense:
Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

47 Zach Bogosian – 3 Mark Pysyk

29 Jake McCabe – 46 Cody Franson

Mike Weber – 25 Carlo Colaiacovo

Goalies:
40 Robin Lehner
31 Chad Johnson

Power Play 1
McGinn – O'Reilly – Reinhart
Eichel – Ristolainen

Power Play 2
Kane – Girgensons – Gionta
Bogosian – Cody Franson

20151226-Eichel-DL-2.jpg

Beat me once, shame on me. Beat me twice, and I put that little ###### rat through the glass. Your Buffalo Sabres will be looking for revenge like you do against the ass-head in the office who wears his Pats jersey and spoons with a Brady fathead in his mom's basement. A game, you think this is a game? No, this is personal. Boston is the guy who eats out of the peanut butter jar with his fingers; the guy who takes your company parking spot; the girl who eats from your plate when she insisted she wasn't hungry; the guy who doesn't smokes but will always bum one off you; that dude in the circle who didn't throw down but wants in; slow walking, close talking, mouth breathing neanderthal who's idea of an argument is to simply yell louder than you. Boston's the girl that gets mad at you for holding the door, then yells out you about chivalry; the guy who claims no chicks like him, then rocks a gem-studded douchebag vest out to the bars where he brags about the chicks he's banged. That guy that one ups every story you have; the interrupter; the complainer; and that oh so special princess who says "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best". Simply put, Boston is everything you hate in life.

The Sabres, our burgeoning hero who rises from the ashes to put our city back on the map, will look to make a statement to the NHL that we are no longer the red-headed step-child of the league (Sorry bio, I'm a ginger too though. Well, 1/2). Coming off a heart-breaking 3-2 SO loss against Boston on Thursday night, one that saw the best and worst of Chad Johnson, and the worst of Dan Byslma, the Sabres will look to avenge their loss and continue the playoff push by making ground against a divisional opponent and a WC contender. Buffalo is much, much better on the road. Boston sits at 11-13-3 at home, and the Sabres are 12-11-2 on the road. Considering the away team has one each contest so far, I'll expect a Sabres win, and a better showing by DD.

Look for Lehner and Rask to get the starts. Marcus Foligno is out with a LBI, and Daniel Cat-nasty will make his pro-debut.

Game Preview

STATS:All Stats Buffalo @ Boston (6-3 win) All Stats Boston @ Buffalo (4-1 loss) NA Right Now All Stats Boston @ Buffalo (3-2 SO loss) All Team RankingsTeam Comparison Chart

Friday Practice Report

Buffalo:Forwards: 88 Jamie McGinn – 90 Ryan O''Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 15 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta Evander Kane – 22 Johan Larsson – 44 Nicolas Deslauriers 26 Matt Moulson – 17 David Legwand – Daniel Cat-Nasty  Defense:Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen 47 Zach Bogosian – 3 Mark Pysyk 29 Jake McCabe – 46 Cody Franson Mike Weber – 25 Carlo Colaiacovo  Goalies:40 Robin Lehner31 Chad Johnson Power Play 1McGinn – O'Reilly – Reinhart

Eichel – Ristolainen Power Play 2

Kane – Girgensons – Gionta

Bogosian – Cody Franson

20151226-Eichel-DL-2.jpg

:lol: Well stated. :thumbsup:

"Bylsma thinks long and hard about everything that goes on during a game. He said, 'I critique myself for the choices I make. I put the guys out there, but we watch a lot in practice which dictates who we go to with what we see in practice.'" ~ WGR 550 (full article here)

Sure Dan.  Based on what you're saying here in this here article, it occurs to me you need to work on two things:  making your practices such so that they translate to games, and your ability to critique yourself.

Thanks!

What happened to his hatty?

Harry grabbed it and ran off to the Cheers thread.

:oops:

Forgot ... go out and run those chowder heads.

A home coming game for Eich ... a 3 pointer for him I think ... 2G and 1A.

GO SABRES!!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I hate the Flyers more than I hate the Bruins. In fact, I think I hate the Wings more than I hate the Bruins. Sorry, I can't muster that much hate for the Bruins (anymore). Brad May kind of healed me, allowed me to move on with love in my heart.

The hate seems a little shallow when you're down and the team you're hating doesn't have fans that hate your team back. It's like how half the world hates America, but we hardly know they exist.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.