GDT: Buffalo @ Montreal, 7:00 pm est, 2-3-2016

WildCard

###### yeah. *inhales deeply*

Yyyyyyooouuuuurrrrrrr Bufffaalllooooo Sabres will head on up to the Great White North to kick some ass and take some names. And guess what folks? These Canadiens have absolutely no names. Well, not the name that counts at least. Meanwhile, we're over here, sitting like the ###### Superman of IR reports (no, not the Christopher Reeves version). We have, coming back: Des, Reinhart, and Gorges. So, we don't get Ennis. Outside of that though, this is the healthiest this group has looked all year. 

As for how we're playing. Hot damn, are we looking good well, some of them at least. Our boy, Jack Eichel? Well, he only has 20 points in his last 18 games, and has vaulted himself ahead in the Calder conversation; he sits only behind 32 year old Artemi Panarin in both points and goals among rookies, and should be all rested and good to continue his dominance coming off the ASB. You think Jack hated watching Larkin in the ASG? Does a bear ###### in the woods? Was my smoking hot sophmore Spanish teacher fired for sending out nudes? Did anyone expect the Spanish Inquisition?

As for the team in general, well, there's a chance. We sit 13 points out of a WC spot right now, and I encourage you all to check out our schedule for the remainder of the year. It's not exactly Siberia we're being thrown into. We're getting healthy, and anyone we may trade at the deadline isn't exactly detrimental to this team's current playoff hopes. Don't dismiss the playoffs yet, folks. We may not make it, but I think we're going to have a hell of a 2nd half. Coming off a resilient 3-2 in Ottawa last Tuesday night, Buffalo has hopes in making some noise right out of the gate, and continuing that momentum until the rest of the league takes this young group of players seriously

Game Preview

STATS:
All Stats Montreal @ Buffalo (7-2 loss) 
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Tuesday Practice Report

Despite the changes made to the lines with Reinhart and Deslauriers' returns, one pair of forwards that remained consistent was that of Eichel and Zemgus Girgensons. Eichel assisted Girgensons for two goals against the Rangers on Jan. 25 before scoring two of his own the following day.

"I think we just work well together," Eichel said. "He works really hard on the ice. He's really skilled; he's strong, really strong in the corners. He's really versatile, I think there are a lot of

Buffalo:
Forwards:

88 Jamie McGinn – 90 Ryan O''Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 15 Jack Eichel – 82 Marcus Foligno

Evander Kane – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

26 Matt Moulson – 17 David Legwand – 44 Nicolas Deslauriers

Defense:
Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

47 Zach Bogosian – 3 Mark Pysyk

29 Jake McCabe – 46 Cody Franson

Mike Weber – 25 Carlo Colaiacovo

Goalies:
40 Robin Lehner
31 Chad Johnson

Power Play 1

McGinn – O'Reilly – Reinhart
Eichel – Ristolainen

Power Play 2
Kane – Girgensons – Gionta
Bogosian – Cody Franson

201415-Sabres-Matchup-Home-MTL.jpg

Edited by WildCard

I really hope Foligno can add something to that line.

But I refuse to have my hopes dashed yet again by expecting ANY consistency out of him.

GO SABRES!!!

That's the rub with him though, right? He really just can't be consistent, at all. Remember when we all though he was going to be the 2nd line pairing for the foreseeable future, with him. Stafford, and Ennis on a line IIRC? 

Edited by WildCard

C'mon, boys!

The first game in Mohn-ree-ahl (TM Taro) in a while always makes me think fondly of the Sabres' last game in the old Forum. The road team won, PLF was the hero (I think), and PLF was so jacked that he poured some of his water bottle on whoever was interviewing him in the Sabres broadcast's post game show (can't recall who).

Edited by That Aud Smell

I want you kids to keep it down in here. I have band practice at 7, and will have to watch the replay afterwards. So no yelling or frowning or any funny business, just keep to yourselves, you hear me?

Just for that I'm breaking out the scotch, turning up the plunking volume on my keyboard, and using all caps all night. Heck, even my **** will be capitalized!

I'm bringing it!

I don't think we have a chance. These guys are so stacked that the All Star MVP is stuck in the AHL.

Out standing use of sarcasm!  :wub:

I don't think we have a chance. These guys are so stacked that the All Star MVP is stuck in the AHL.

This is awesome.

I saw a CBC report that the Canadiens may actually be thinking of recalling big John.

Anyway, back to hockey.

Montreal is in a real tough spot.  I think they can be had.  If C Bus can beat them 2 in a row why not the Sabres.

GO SABRES!!

I'd like to hear more about the Spanish teacher.

Good enough to Google.

Did WC go to high school in Oklahoma?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/oklahoma-teacher-busted-nude-texts-student-cops-article-1.2113667

Please do read the article - if only for its use of the word confrontated.

Going to be in Montreal for my birthday game!  Woot!  Nothing better than Bell Center!

So, so jealous. Please enjoy!

C'mon, boys!

The first game in Mohn-ree-ahl (TM Taro) in a while always makes me think fondly of the Sabres' last game in the old Forum. The road team won, PLF was the hero (I think), and PLF was so jacked that he poured some of his water bottle on whoever was interviewing him in the Sabres broadcast's post game show (can't recall who).

I think it's Moe-ray-awl. You're like those knock-off electronics they used to sell in the Times Square, Panasoanic, Sonny, Magnavoision, etc.

:w00t:

Are you firing him?

Wild Card is a UFA after this year. He is looking for max dollar and term, and does SabreSpace have room under the salary cap to re-sign him?

Going to be in Montreal for my birthday game! Woot! Nothing better than Bell Center!

Happy Birthday!

Also this is on my bucket list.

Going to be in Montreal for my birthday game!  Woot!  Nothing better than Bell Center!

Great way to spend a birthday.  Have fun.

I remember like it was yesterday we went to see the Habs for one of my birthdays ... I think it was my 25th.  It was at The Forum. Now that place was special.

Nice job on the GDT again WildCard!!! Your entertainment value will be hard to replace.

Are you firing him?

Wild Card is a UFA after this year. He is looking for max dollar and term, and does SabreSpace have room under the salary cap to re-sign him?

I think jsb has a bounty out on me  :(

Good enough to Google.

Did WC go to high school in Oklahoma?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/oklahoma-teacher-busted-nude-texts-student-cops-article-1.2113667

Please do read the article - if only for its use of the word confrontated.

So, so jealous. Please enjoy!

Nope. My teacher was better looking than that. She was sending them to some college guy who's little brother was in our class. 

The way Montreal is playing I'll be shocked if we don't score atleast 4.  I'm thinking more likely 5 or 6.  Eich with his first hatty? 

Same here. Without Price, this is the worst team in the league. We should destroy these fools tonight

Thank heaven (and WC).

I'd like to hear more about the Spanish teacher.

Ah, Ms.Sanchez.  :wub:

Lucky man, happy birthday  :beer:

I've always wanted to go there, just seems like such an energetic place 

Have they thought about just sending the Amerks up there for the game tonight so the team can rest an extra day? Or maybe they should add a new tradition and instead of taking their parents/fathers on a road trip to Florida, they left them play one game in their place. Right now I would not put my money on Montreal winning in either of those situations, they have been playing BAD, and also just played last night too.....

I'm super jealous of you. I've been planning a bachelor party in Montreal and I was really hoping the Sabres would have had a weekend game in Montreal this season but got shafted by the schedule. Hope Jack puts on a show for you tonight.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.