GDT: Buffalo @ Arizona, 9:00 pm est, 1-18-2016

WildCard

Yoooouuuurrrr Buffalo Sabres will look to continue their winning ways of late as they travel out to the desert and look to rip the tit right of the mouth of Remus and Romulin as they play the Arizona Coyotes. The Sabres, 3-1 in their last 4 and coming off a dominating performance against Washington last Saturday, one that saw the Sabres chase Vezina candidate Holtby and the AHL come to life, will look to start a streak of games that will ultimately have them end 30-7 in their last 37 games, thereby getting into the playoffs and and fulfilling miracles unseen since a nip slip gave us youtube and George Bush finished 'Green Eggs and Ham'. With any luck we'll see Eichel get off the snide, Reinhart continue to keep pace, Zemgus will be back, and I won't run out of beer. 

Ahhh the Yotes. Every time we play them it's like seeing that old flame across the bar. That one where everything was both ridiculous but exciting at the same time? She kicked your dash and threw that necklace out the window, but in the end you went home with her roommate and she got Dylan Strome? Good times. 

Anyway, back to these Roman cubs from hell. For, is that not where Domi and Duclair represent? The fabled tale of twins set out to create a new city of destiny, Domi and Duclair have quickly put the league on notice that not only is hockey alive and well in the desert, but Eichel, McDavid, and Larkin aren't the only rooks worth having. Yet for all of their bluster and talent, they are still young, and as we all know, when in Rome, don't build it in a day. Or something like that. The Yotes are 6-2-2 in their last 10, but are coming off a 2-0 loss against NJ on Friday night, only the 2nd time all season they've been shutout. 

The last meeting between the teams saw Mike Smith have a very shaky start, stopping 23/27 shots, including a shg by Kane and a goal by Reinhart. Max Domi shined, scoring 2 goals, the only two Johnson would let in on 20 shots. 

Steve Downie was waived; recently acquired Tinordi may get his first start as a Yote; Zemgus is unknown; Lehner and Dominque get the starts.

Game Preview 

Buffalo has gotten goals from different lines, which has pleased coach Dan Bylsma. "To get positive results we have leaned on Ryan O'Reilly and Jack Eichel to get us goals and our last few wins have come with [other players] scoring goals," Bylsma told the Sabres website.

STATS:
Arizona @ Buffalo, 5-2 win
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Buffalo:
O'Reilly's:
Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

84 Phil Varrone – 15 Jack Eichel – 88 Jamie McGinn

82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

26 Matt Moulson – 59 Tim Schaller17 David Legwand

Risto's:
47 Zach Bogosian– 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 46 Cody Franson

Mike Weber – Mark Pysyk

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – Josh Gorges 

Unknowns:

31 Chad Johnson
40 Robin Lehner

Domi_Eichel_672.jpg

Edited by WildCard

That GDT was absolutely poetic. 

I'm looking forward to this game because except for possibly Edmonton (who has no idea how to handle young players), I think Buffalo and Arizona have the two best pools of young, developing talent in the NHL, almost to the point that I view Arizona as Buffalo West.  I'm really looking forward to this game.  I'm hoping for an evenly matched affair that eventually the Sabres will pull out in the end, but if it's close and Arizona wins, I won't be heartbroken.  They seem to be a tad further along in their rebuild, mostly because they didn't totally blow up the old team (which is good because Shane Doan is still doing good things for them).

Loving the gifs, and thanks for the compliment, TBJ, much appreciated. Every time I see that avatar I think of Tank, though I like his new username and avatar (btw Hoss, that avatar is sweet, did you make that?)

Spot on comparison TBJ, Arizona is the Buffalo of the west. Constantly afraid of relocation and a huge flux of young talent, I really hope they stay where they are. There will always be a special place in my heart for the Yotes from our Tank Wars

Let's go Sabres.

My brother will be at the game. I'll see if I can get some game time pictures. Like TBJ, I'm looking forward to watching the young guns on both teams. I haven't seen much of Domi but he seems to be legit. Here's to expecting our rookies to be > their rookies.

Wild, I've been enjoying your GDT all season. Keep up the excellent work.

-Beer

Ahhh the Yotes. Every time we play them it's like seeing that old flame across the bar. That one where everything was both ridiculous but exciting at the same time? She kicked your dash and threw that necklace out the window, but in the end you went home with her roommate and she got Dylan Strome? Good times.

This part in particular is tremendous.

OMG, the Wile E. Coyote gifs sent me into a tizzy.

Yea, good start to my morning.

Awesome GDT, both WC and TBJ with the gifs .... my YOUTH.  

Tonight will be fun ....  almost like cousins who get to see one another a few times a year .... and learn how the other's doing ...   I feel a tank kinship with AZ .... 

Let's go Sabres.

My brother will be at the game. I'll see if I can get some game time pictures. Like TBJ, I'm looking forward to watching the young guns on both teams. I haven't seen much of Domi but he seems to be legit. Here's to expecting our rookies to be > their rookies.

Wild, I've been enjoying your GDT all season. Keep up the excellent work.

-Beer

Beer is a great screen name. The staple foods are well represented on this forum.

Yoooouuuurrrr Buffalo Sabres will look to continue their winning ways of late as they travel out to the desert and look to rip the tit right of the mouth of Remus and Romulin as they play the Arizona Coyotes. The Sabres, 3-1 in their last 4 and coming off a dominating performance against Washington last Saturday, one that saw the Sabres chase Vezina candidate Holtby and the AHL come to life, will look to start a streak of games that will ultimately have them end 30-7 in their last 37 games, thereby getting into the playoffs and and fulfilling miracles unseen since a nip slip gave us youtube and George Bush finished 'Green Eggs and Ham'. With any luck we'll see Eichel get off the snide, Reinhart continue to keep pace, Zemgus will be back, and I won't run out of beer. 

Anyway, back to these Roman cubs from hell. For, is that not where Domi and Duclair represent? The fabled tale of twins set out to create a new city of destiny, Domi and Duclair have quickly put the league on notice that not only is hockey alive and well in the desert, but Eichel, McDavid, and Larkin aren't the only rooks worth having. Yet for all of their bluster and talent, they are still young, and as we all know, when in Rome, don't build it in a day. Or something like that. The Yotes are 6-2-2 in their last 10, but are coming off a 2-0 loss against NJ on Friday night, only the 2nd time all season they've been shutout. 

The last meeting between the teams saw Mike Smith have a very shaky start, stopping 23/27 shots, including a shg by Kane and a goal by Reinhart. Max Domi shined, scoring 2 goals, the only two Johnson would let in on 20 shots. 

Steve Downie was waived; recently acquired Tinordi may get his first start as a Yote; Zemgus is unknown; Lehner and Dominque get the starts.

Game Preview 

STATS:

Arizona @ Buffalo, 5-2 win

All Team Rankings

Team Comparison Chart

Buffalo:

O'Reilly's:

Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

17 David Legwand – 15 Jack Eichel – 88 Jamie McGinn

82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

26 Matt Moulson – 59 Tim Schaller- 84 Phil Varrone

Risto's:

47 Zach Bogosian– 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 46 Cody Franson

Mike Weber – Mark Pysyk

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – Josh Gorges 

Unknowns:

40 Robin Lehner

31 Chad Johnson

Domi_Eichel_672.jpg

Awesome........Best yet. Legwand with Eichel? We need to find this kid a winger...

They did prior to last game as well

I like McGinn on his right.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.