GDT: Washington @ Buffalo, 7:00 p est, 1-16-2016

WildCard

###### it, we hit a bump, ###### happens. The Bruins came in, and reminded us we have a long way to go. Like we didn't know that? We all knew that, but it's still there, within our grasp, and dammit we're going to seize it. 2-1 in our last 3, I say we've started a roll, one that continues against the Washington Capitals tonight as Buffalo looks to bounce back and get some much needed points before the All-Star break.

The Sabres tested out Lehner against the Bruins on Friday night, and although Lehmer had some shaky moments, it's to be expected of a goalie starting his first game off a high ankle sprain. Apparently we lost some (more) players too, where Thomas the Latvian Locomotive left with a UBI and Kane left after being hit somewhere in his knee/shin. Good news is, Kane returned. Bad news is, Zemgus did not. Good news is, we're watching hockey. Bad news is...nothing. Not a single, damn thing. We're gonna win tonight, and the next game, and we're going to get some awesome draft picks while watching ROR mold these rooks into the next Isaac Newtons on skates (you know, without the part where Newton never got laid, and tried for years to make gold, and....well he made Calculus, so you should all love him)

These guys, these guys right here?! These 'Washington Capitals'? Well, turns out they're pretty ###### good. Really ###### good, actually. And we're back to our old narrative here: the Caps have won 5 straight, and are currently the best team in the NHL (points wise, at least). Ovechkin has his 500, a nice gold stick, Kuznetsov is becoming a star, Williams and Oshie give them legitimate threats on the wings, and Holtby is going to win a Vezina, and it's not even close with him. The Caps will look for the season sweep against us, though it's huge to note we've played them well thus far, something we seem to do against the bigger teams.

Zemgus is out, pray that Pysyk is in, and Johnson starts. Holtby will start, because we're all ######.

Also, we're wearing our home whites tonight, the first of a series of games in which we will

Game Preview 

STATS:
Washington @ Buffalo, 5-2 loss
Buffalo @ Washington, 2-0 loss
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Buffalo:
Forwards:
Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 88 Jamie McGinn

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 15 Jack Eichel – 23 Sam Reinhart

82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

26 Matt Moulson – 59 Tim Schaller- 17 David Legwand

Pysyks:
Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 47 Zach Bogosian

Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – 3 Mark Pysyk

Swedes:
40 Robin Lehner
31 Chad Johnson

201415-Sabres-Matchup-Graphic-Home-WSH.j

Edited by WildCard

I should be at this game barring this sickness getting worse throughout the day. These are the tickets I won from Tom Wester, so I'll be sure to share some thoughts postgame.

It's always fun to win things eh? I hope this game is at least as chippy as the last two, even tho we lost it almost felt like a rivalry.... Lot of bad blood

Pysyk better play Dan you twit

I think you forgot a comma in there some place.

As for Disco Dan.  I'm not sure he is the right coach at this juncture in the Sabres development.  I really think they should have kept Nolan for this season and then brought in Luke Richardson.

You beat me on the sigh, though. Well, the typed sigh. I certainly sighed as soon as I saw it.

If we are toiling around the bottom of the league, might as well see what some of the kids can do. I think Carrier, Dupuy, Rodrigues or Kaleta all would have been better options. Hell, Jack Nevins has taken on all comers, rewarding him with a game or two would have shown the kids that his type of attitude is what they seek. I know 4 of the 5 I mentioned are on AHL deals but at some point making a statement is needed.

If we are toiling around the bottom of the league, might as well see what some of the kids can do. I think Carrier, Dupuy, Rodrigues or Kaleta all would have been better options. Hell, Jack Nevins has taken on all comers, rewarding him with a game or two would have shown the kids that his type of attitude is what they seek. I know 4 of the 5 I mentioned are on AHL deals but at some point making a statement is needed.

I like the idea of getting a look at Carrier. I don't care about Kaleta (he's not a kid and I don't give a about him), but Rodrigues, Dupuy and Bailey are other guys that should be nearing a few-game stint here for injuries.

I like the idea of getting a look at Carrier. I don't care about Kaleta (he's not a kid and I don't give a ###### about him), but Rodrigues, Dupuy and Bailey are other guys that should be nearing a few-game stint here for injuries.

This. Looks like we will have to wait until after the deadline.

Carrier is In his second year pro and is definitely the one I'd like to see.

Was a bit sad Murray didn't mention him in his radio rundown of prospects.

Bylsma, asked what he expects from Pysyk tonight: "A lot." #Sabres Per Harrington.

What is DB's Angle?

We know Murray said the reason Pysyk was sent down last year was to push the envelope: to take a few risks and make some big plays instead always making the safe one.

Maybe Bylsma is trying to light that fire under him too?

We know Murray said the reason Pysyk was sent down last year was to push the envelope: to take a few risks and make some big plays instead always making the safe one.

Maybe Bylsma is trying to light that fire under him too?

I kinda like my dmen making the safe play...

Varrone is a boring call up, he'll never be a full time Sabre. Chances are likely he will go on to a serviceable career somewhere but it's not gonna be here. File him in the Clark McArthur, Paul Byron category I'm afraid. Let's see Carrier or Baptiste or someone we haven't seen.

Varone too

I think we all know what Kaleta can (and can’t) do

I kinda like my dmen making the safe play...

Well sure, Pysyk has kind of mastered that. He won't take the next step as a player until he asserts himself and creates with the puck.

I've been struggling to keep up here as of late, but I'll be there tonight. Sabres are 0-3-1 when I attend, so I'll prematurely accept blame.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.