[Game Day] Sabres @ Leafs 7:30PM

SabresBeat

marty is playing unbelievable. i don't care which goalie takes this team to the playoffs, but marty keeps playing like this and it will be his.

i agree, that D is not helping out at all...

This team can score and can get stellar goaltending, and that's when they look unbeatable. Still, I've seen only a handful of games that made me say, "wow, the defense really shut XXXteam down." Just look at how often we get outshot.

For those who care (GGM), I can't seem to fully get on the chat... Oh, well :unsure:

Nice game so far, although the Leaf seemed to pick up their game towards the end of the second...

Yes, I am talking to myself in chat. But you see, that's ok!

I am (understandably) the only one that cares what I have to say.

As for the game, I think the penalty Briere took with 3.7 seconds left in the 2nd was a very un-captainlike thing to do.

Maybe the save of the year by Marty to keep the Sabres in a 2-1 lead. He dove across the crease and snared a sure goal from 15 feet with his left glove on the Leaf scorer Pohl. The puck seems to be sticking to Biron, and he's making a strong bid for another start on Wednesday. The bad news is that turnovers increased in the second period as the Leafs took over the game a bit -- faceoffs really hurt the Sabres as well. And still too many dumb penalties, like Briere holding a Leaf at center with four or five seconds left in the period. Great chances for Gaustad and Connolly, who were right in alone and couldn't cash.

is there really a guy name "Pole" out there tonight?

according to the guys on the Leafs telecast he is the second coming...

Man, I am afraid that we are just not good enough. The effort is here tonight but we are one or two players away from being able to go anywhere in the playoffs. This is playing like a playoff game and we just are not strong enough to stay with anyone. We get hit all over the place, worked off the puck then take a dive. The only way we win is when we score the highlight reel goals and the quick one-timers in front of the net. We are just not physical enough to endure in these games. I hope Darcy has a plan this offseason.

Pohl was robbed--twice--by Biron tonight. A different goalie, maybe he has a hat trick. Before we get crazy, I didn't mean a Miller/Biron comparison there.

Man, I am afraid that we are just not good enough. The effort is here tonight but we are one or two players away from being able to go anywhere in the playoffs. This is playing like a playoff game and we just are not strong enough to stay with anyone. We get hit all over the place, worked off the puck then take a dive. The only way we win is when we score the highlight reel goals and the quick one-timers in front of the net. We are just not physical enough to endure in these games. I hope Darcy has a plan this offseason.

i know what you are saying and a lot of people feel that way....i still think this team greatly overachieved, but we have a strong nucleus for years to come. maybe a solid d or two, but i think the thing we need most is experience. as harry neale said tonight we have 13 guys on this roster that have never even been in a playoff game?!??! so, losing streak or not, i was personally not expecting much in the playoffs b/c experience means too much. and personally i'm happy with that b/c i love building for the future so this playoff tourney is almost playing with house money.

good to always chat with you guys, entertaining game no matter how it turns out. 'night boys!

Well, Lindy's in a pickle now. How can he not reward Biron with another start on Wednesday? But if he does, and Biron is great again, you have a serious goaltender controversy. Is that a bad thing though?

Terrible penalty by Hecht in the third period, leading to the tying goal. Tucker made him look like a fool.

I just don't know what to make of this team. Take away a near-spectacular performance by Marty, and we're ripping these guys to shreds again. Yet, I see them dominate for minutes on end. It's as if they can be as good as they want to be. What's stopping them?

Well, Lindy's in a pickle now. How can he not reward Biron with another start on Wednesday? But if he does, and Biron is great again, you have a serious goaltender controversy. Is that a bad thing though?

Terrible penalty by Hecht in the third period, leading to the winning goal. Tucker made him look like a fool.

I just don't know what to make of this team. Take away a near-spectacular performance by Marty, and we're ripping these guys to shreds again. Yet, I see them dominate for minutes on end. It's as if they can be as good as they want to be. What's stopping them?

I'm not sure a controversy is a bad thing. Miller seems to be motivated by it; he got hot when coming in after Marty's streak and when snubbed by Team America. Sooner or later an athlete has to find that motivation from within--but Miller's still a rookie. Maybe watching a few games will fire him up in the event he's needed later. I'd stick with Biron for Wednesday night.

Terrible penalty by Hecht in the third period, leading to the winning goal. Tucker made him look like a fool.

As of right now, it isn't a contoversy since Miller has not played well for a month, and it does not make sense to throw him in against Ottawa right now.

For what other reason was Biron kept than to be insurance if Miller folded?

I'm not sure a controversy is a bad thing. Miller seems to be motivated by it; he got hot when coming in after Marty's streak and when snubbed by Team America. Sooner or later an athlete has to find that motivation from within--but Miller's still a rookie. Maybe watching a few games will fire him up in the event he's needed later. I'd stick with Biron for Wednesday night.

I agree Biron earned the start Wednesday. Hopefully it fires Miller up. Go with Biron Wednesday, and if he plays a strong game give him the other Ottawa start. I'd let Miller go against Philly. That way everyone is well rested for their starts.