[Game Day] Sabres @ Leafs 7:30PM

SabresBeat

Which goalie are they playing? I hope they called Leighton up from Rochester.

Biron is getting the start. (I do not agree with this move. If the team were playing ANY team other than the one that thumped it 2 nights ago, I would not have a problem with the move.)

Briere and Hecht are definitely in.

Mair and Peters are probables.

It sounds like Antropov will be out with the flu.

This per WGR about 20 minutes ago.

With the addition of Briere and Hecht (and hopefully Mair), I expect to see the Sabres win tonight. I expect that regardless of who is in net, which is a major part of why I would like to see Miller between the pipes tonight. I think getting a win against the team that thumped him would do a lot to restore Ryan's confidence. Playing Devil's advocate: if Miller were to play lousy against TO again tonight, could it do any more damage to his confidence? My answer is no, not really. But could a win (in a playoff style setting - 2nd game in 2 nights in the same road building) help restore it? My answer is, while it isn't a given, it is a heck of a lot more likely.

My 2 cents.

Also, would another loss to TO really do anything to their confidence or playoff hopes with Ottawa in town Wednesday? Probably not, and that is the worst case outcome (IMO) of playing Ryan tonight.

It's 45 minutes to game time. The Sabres have already allowed 2 goals on 3 shots.

One thing about the losing streak, it's actually a lot more fun to laugh about the team you cheer for when they are losers than get stressed about every little game when they are near the top.

Take it from me, I'm a Saskatchewan Roughriders fan, that would sort of be like a Minnesota Viking fan in the NFL.

Biron is getting the start. (I do not agree with this move. If the team were playing ANY team other than the one that thumped it 2 nights ago, I would not have a problem with the move.)

Briere and Hecht are definitely in.

Mair and Peters are probables.

It sounds like Antropov will be out with the flu.

This per WGR about 20 minutes ago.

With the addition of Briere and Hecht (and hopefully Mair), I expect to see the Sabres win tonight. I expect that regardless of who is in net, which is a major part of why I would like to see Miller between the pipes tonight. I think getting a win against the team that thumped him would do a lot to restore Ryan's confidence. Playing Devil's advocate: if Miller were to play lousy against TO again tonight, could it do any more damage to his confidence? My answer is no, not really. But could a win (in a playoff style setting - 2nd game in 2 nights in the same road building) help restore it? My answer is, while it isn't a given, it is a heck of a lot more likely.

My 2 cents.

Also, would another loss to TO really do anything to their confidence or playoff hopes with Ottawa in town Wednesday? Probably not, and that is the worst case outcome (IMO) of playing Ryan tonight.

I don't know about you guys, and whether you played hockey or sports or not, but I always liked nothing better than playing a team that just embarassed you while it is so fresh in your mind. We don't have the most physical team, but if you can't feel like running anything with a maple leaf on it through a wall, you really need to consider your desire to play the game.

man, just take a look at what happens when you scratch the finesse and add the meat. There's two periods to go, but this is a different team than i've seen in the past month. hope they keep this up. Biron is actually playing decent too

Good period. They cut way down on the turnovers, although a few crept into their game toward the end of the period. More energy, more intensity, a few more hits -- and the goalie made some tough saves, which is always nice. Lindy definitely pulled every rabbit out of his hat before this one -- reaming them out in the media, giving them a tough practice, reshuffling lines, playing Marty. If it doesn't work, something is very wrong.

Let's go Buffalo!

Did you see that freaking goal!!!!! He picks it out of the air point blank, drops it at his feet and fires all in less than a second. Unreal.

I guess that's what it takes...

Toronto finally beats Biron, 2-1.

EDIT: I've noticed that Lydman is still giving the puck away. I missed the first 13 minutes of the game, and I've already seen two giveaways by him that could have easily turned into goals.

I'm at work, can't see the game. What's happening? Who got scratched? Who's playing well? What are the lines tonight?

I feel like a wee child in a crowd of adults struggling to see the circus.

i've been there rabbit. we are dominating play in my mind. although the leafs just made it 2-1 and are showing some life.

pominville and vanek were the two notable scratches.

hecht, brierre, and mair are back in the lineup.

i know the board seems 50/50 with afingenov on whether he is worth keeping or not, but the more i watch the kid, the more i think we are crazy to consider getting rid of him. he may have some defensive lapses but he brings so much to the offensive game of this team.