GDT: Buffalo @ Calgary, 9:00m pm est, 12/10/2015

WildCard

Alright ya filthy animals, calm yourselves. We all know the drill, and I get it. The dump and chase sucks, our defenders are pylons, and our first periods are more disheartening than calling your ex. Hell, some of us have even started to have flashbacks to RR staring blankly at Leino, Nolan grinning like an idiot when the 4th line plays, and Myers cooing at opposing forwards entering his zone. Well, it can't last I say! We're switching it up, DD says McCabe may be back in, and Jamie McGinn's 6 game point streak will lead us to victory against these bastards. Our last late GDT, though an abysmal game, was a great turnout and a great thread, hoping we have the same tonight.

The Flames have been the most disappointing team this season, which is ironic considering all of their statistics indicated they blew as much as they currently are all of last year. Hell, these ###### have LESS POINTS THAN US. So far all of the disco is dead talk, and the sky is falling, think about how these big C's feel. But, there's a catch. The Flames have won 3 straight, including a 4-2 win against SJ on Tuesday night, and reports indicate Dougie Hamilton has found his groove. 

Johnson in goal for Buffalo. No Ennis, no Pysyk, and for the Flames they might miss Hillar (ill) and Russel (hand self love). Fun stat, Matt Moulson hasn't scored in 16 straight games, so he will tonight

Game Preview

STATS:
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Wednesday's Practice

Forwards:

88 Jamie McGinn – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

Evander Kane – 15 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta

26 Matt Moulson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 22 Johan Larsson

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand/19 Cal O'Reilly – 82 Marcus Foligno

Defense:

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – 47 Zach Bogosian

29 Jake McCabe/6 Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson

Victims:

31 Chad Johnson
35 Linus Ullmark

sean-monahan-nhl-buffalo-sabres-calgary-

Edited by WildCard

Eichel with Kane again..... Blah.... Yes DD please separate the only line that is really working and put two players with zero chemistry together.

And while you're at it, keep Gionta right there with two starts to hold them down.

Idiot

Thanks WC :)

Beat me to it. Drop him back to the third line. This infatuation DD has for Gionta is simply crazy. Maybe swap Gionta and Larson? Haven't been able to watch the last few games, but can't wait for tonight's game! Hoping Moulson manages to light the lamp. Would also like to see Kane get back on the mini hot streak he had going. The guy is legit. Still have no doubts or concerns for him. 

Beat me to it. Drop him back to the third line. This infatuation DD has for Gionta is simply crazy. Maybe swap Gionta and Larson? Haven't been able to watch the last few games, but can't wait for tonight's game! Hoping Moulson manages to light the lamp. Would also like to see Kane get back on the mini hot streak he had going. The guy is legit. Still have no doubts or concerns for him.

I'd be OK with gio and Moulson together on the 3rd with z in the middle and try Larsson up top with Jack and Kane, although I'm still unhappy they broke up the top line.

At least then we would know for sure if Larsson is a bust, at this point to me he has been, put him with Kane and eichel and if not performing then we know where his talent is.

I'm slowly souring on DD.... Very slowly....

We should handle this team easily. We have two days of rest and that locker room doesn't tolerate failure for long. I expect, no demand a win. No reason to lose to a Calgary team that outplayed itself last year.

Calgary is playing better of late.6-3-1 and Won 3  and home  .. vice .... 3-5-2 and Lost 2 and away

Everyone keep your pants on, no mooning Calgary tonight

Ok, Ok. Is it still ok if I ride around their left flank and taking out their flame?

Must lose?

Must lose and look good...?

Too early?

I for one can always handle a good tank joke. 

But it would be good if they didn't play uninspired, going through the motions hockey again tonight.

First game on the trip...many plausible excuses. 

2nd game... Larsson should not be your only bright spot.

Tonight, I expect inspired play. I don't expect a win, but if the game is not entertaining.....

Edited by Woods-Racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.