GDT: Buffalo @ Detroit, 7:30 pm est, 12/1/2015

WildCard

The Buffalo Sabres will kick off the month of December by strolling into Joe Louis Arena on Tuesday night for a divisional match-up against Dylan Larkin and the Detroit Red wings. The Sabres have come out rolling from their 6 game losing streak, winning 2 straight games against the Canes and Preds, both 4-1 victories. The Sabres will look to continue their offensive groove and therefore their success as they look to edge closer to that playoff spot the Red Wings hold onto. Tonight's game will also see a squaring off of America's hockey future as USA teammates Eichel and Larkin will face one another for the first time in the NHL.

The Red Wing are coming in hot though. Going 4-0-3 in their last 7, the Red Wings only have one problem, finishing; which is weird in a league where going into the 3rd leading almost promises you a win (no, I don't know how to spell guaruntee, and I never will). Detroit has blown 3rd period leads in 4 straight, 5/7, and 7 times this season overall. So, if we're down late, grab another cold one and sit back down. The Red Wings sit 6 points up (28) on the Sabres right now, and are coming off a 2-1 OT loss vs. Detroit on Sunday

Given Johnson's success lately, he'd be my bet to start. Mrazek will get the nod from the Red Wings, (6-4-3, 2.19, .932%). Carlos Coliacavo (no way that's spelled right) was back at practice Monday and will play tonight, and Pysyk was also back skating. Still no Ennis on the ice.

Game Preview

STATS:
All Buffalo Players' Stats
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Monday's Practice Report

David Legwand took the ice for the opening faceoff on Saturday, acting as the starting centerman between Nicolas Deslauriers and Marcus Foligno.

It was a calculated move by Bylsma to start the veteran, a bottom-six forward this season, against the team for which he spent the majority of his career. Franson, another former Predator, also got the nod to start

“We talked about it before the game,” Bylsma said. “David’s already been back to Nashville a couple times but it’s still a pretty significant moment to be a part of the starting lineup and be there in a city where he played so long.”

Forwards:

9 Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O’Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

26 Matt Moulson – 15 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 88 Jamie McGinn

82 Marcus Foligno – 59 Tim Schaller – 17 David Legwand

Defense:

4 Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – 47 Zach Bogosian

29 Jake McCabe – 46 Cody Franson

6 Mike Weber

Insane People Who Stop Pucks:

31 Chad Johnson

35 Linus Ullmark

justin-abdelkader-josh-gorges-nhl-buffal

Edited by WildCard

This is a Family Feud game for at least two couples involved on this forum.  My wife and I will be on opposite sides.  She became a hockey fan when we lived in Detroit, and the Wings are still her team.  And Josie is from the Detroit area, and even though she's pro-Sabres on this forum, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some needling between her and d4rk.

GO SABRES!

The Red Wing are coming in hot though. Going 4-0-3 in their last 7, the Red Wings only have one problem, finishing; which is weird in a league where going into the 3rd leading almost promises you a win (no, I don't know how to spell guaruntee, and I never will). Detroit has blown 3rd period leads in 4 straight, 5/7, and 7 times this season overall. So, if we're down late, grab another cold one and sit back down. The Red Wings sit 6 points up (28) on the Sabres right now, and are coming off a 2-1 OT loss vs. Detroit on Monday

Given Johnson's success lately, he'd be my bet to start. Mrazek will get the nod from the Red Wings, (6-4-3, 2.19, .932%). Carlos Coliacavo (no way that's spelled right) was back at practice Monday and will play tonight, and Pysyk was also back skating. Still no Ennis on the ice.

The Red Wings last game they lost to the Florida Panthers on Sunday night. Just letting you know we appreciate your effort and time and I actually read your right ups.

I will never correct your spelling. Those that live in glass spelling houses shall never correct the misspelled word. I guarenty that, else I am a hyporcrit. 

Edited by Woods-Racer

The Red Wings last game they lost to the Florida Panthers on Sunday night. Just letting you know we appreciate your effort and time and I actually read you right ups.

I will never correct your spelling. Those that live in glass spelling houses shall never correct the misspelled word. I guarenty that, else I am a hyporcrit. 

I thought they beat themselves in that game.

The Buffalo Sabres will kick off the month of December by strolling into Joe Louis Arena on Tuesday night for a divisional match-up against Dylan Larkin and the Detroit Red wings. The Sabres have come out rolling from their 6 game losing streak, winning 2 straight games against the Canes and Preds, both 4-1 victories. The Sabres will look to continue their offensive groove and therefore their success as they look to edge closer to that playoff spot the Red Wings hold onto. Tonight's game will also see a squaring off of America's hockey future as USA teammates Eichel and Larkin will face one another for the first time in the NHL.

The Red Wing are coming in hot though. Going 4-0-3 in their last 7, the Red Wings only have one problem, finishing; which is weird in a league where going into the 3rd leading almost promises you a win (no, I don't know how to spell guaruntee, and I never will). Detroit has blown 3rd period leads in 4 straight, 5/7, and 7 times this season overall. So, if we're down late, grab another cold one and sit back down. The Red Wings sit 6 points up (28) on the Sabres right now, and are coming off a 2-1 OT loss vs. Detroit on Monday

Game Preview

STATS:

All Buffalo Players' Stats

All Team Rankings

Team Comparison Chart

Monday's Practice Report

Forwards:

9 Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O’Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

26 Matt Moulson – 15 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 88 Jamie McGinn

82 Marcus Foligno – 59 Tim Schaller – 17 David Legwand

Defense:

4 Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – 47 Zach Bogosian

29 Jake McCabe – 46 Cody Franson

6 Mike Weber

Insane People Who Stop Pucks:

31 Chad Johnson

35 Linus Ullmark

justin-abdelkader-josh-gorges-nhl-buffal

I would rather see McGinn on Jacks wing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.