GDT: Nashville @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 11/25/2015

WildCard

The Nashville Predators will come to Buffalo with the cure in hand to the Sabres scoring woes. The Sabres, losers of 5 straight and scoring only 5 goals in that span, is desperate to find it's way back on the winning track. After coming off a 2-1 loss against St.Louis Monday night, in which the iron was heard more times than the amount of goals we've scored lately, the Sabres desperately need to snap a losing streak more than Mick Jagger trying to get some Satisfaction. 

The Predators are that cure. Shut out for 3 consecutive games, THREE, this cat has lost it's fangs. Taking the day off Tuesday from practice, each player was sent home and told to write a 3 paragraph essay on why they need to play less like Cody Hodgson. Sadly enough, Paul Gaustad and his 2 assists this season are still less than Hodsgon's whopping 1-2-3, which, sadly, rival Girgensons and Kane.

Look for the Swede We Need to start vs. his Finnish rival, Pekka Rinne. The Sabres saw Zemgus and Weber return to practice on Tuesday afternoon, and although Kane missed with an LBI (unrelated to his MCL according to DD), he is considered probable.

Game Preview

STATS:
St.Louis @ Buffalo, 2-1 Loss; All Stats
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Tuesday's Practice Report

With the additions of Girgensons and Weber came two subtractions from the Sabres’ practice. Defenseman Zach Bogosian sat out for a maintenance day while forward Evander Kane was absent with a lower-body injury.

Bylsma said that Kane’s current injury is completely unrelated to the injury to his MCL that forced him to miss 10 games from Oct. 24 to Nov. 19. The forward has played in three games since returning from the injury.

“He is day-to-day,” Bylsma said. “If we were in football, I’d say ‘probable.’”

Forwards:

26 Matt Moulson – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 12 Brian Gionta

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 15 Jack Eichel – 23 Sam Reinhart

82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson – 63 Tyler Ennis

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand / 59 Tim Schaller – 88 Jamie McGinn

Defense:

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe/25 Carlo Colaiacovo – 46 Cody Franson

Mike Weber – 3 Mark Pysyk

Goalies:

35 Linus Ullmark
31 Chad Johnson

usa-today-8419208.0.jpg

Edited by WildCard

I can't wait for tonight's game!

Why?

Because they are worth watching. Real Hockey, with good players. Life hasn't been this good in years (hockey wise). I knew it was going to be tough for them to come away with a few wins in November, all I hoped for was at the end of November they looked better than at the beginning.

Yep. You wonder when the "we look better!" high is going to wear off and anger is going to set in.

Probably when the team wins 3 games in a row and the entire board is flooded with "I love this team" posts.

Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL 2m2 minutes ago

Cody Hodgson was, umm, shall we say, prickly talking about the Sabres.

Almost prickly enough to throw a body check tonight?

Nahhhh

Consider there are infinite parallel universes.   In at least one of those universes, tonight's game heads to a shootout tied 0-0, and nobody scores in the shootout..... ever.  

I believe it's highly likely that's the universe we live in.

BTW, in one of those universes Gary Bettman is still conducting the draft lottery.  Fortunately we don't live in that one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.