Not my words. Regier's words.

deluca67

Guest Repster
OH CMON :angry: !

please offer some context...as i cannot hear wgr...and that comment is just too ridiculous accept at face value.

although i will say regier does his job as though that is his goal...

go to www.wgr550.com They have audio links and you can hear what Regier is saying. DeLuca is correct in what he's saying.

OH CMON :angry: !

please offer some context...as i cannot hear wgr...and that comment is just too ridiculous accept at face value.

although i will say regier does his job as though that is his goal...

I was a support of Regier for a while but when he talks I want to cringe.

To paraphrase, Darcy said they want to be a "bottom 8 payroll team" so we can get revenue sharing and that "we should be happy just to have a team in Buffalo".

From the devil himself.

The Sabres goal this year is to be a bottom eight team so they can collect revenue sharing. Don't believe me. Go to WGR and listen yourself. He pulls out the "we should be happy just to have a team".

His words not mine.

He also said they want to secure a playoff spot. They're going to function with a payroll between $27-$29 million and not spend stupidly. What are you, 13-years old??? :angry:

He also said they want to secure a playoff spot. They're going to function with a payroll between $27-$29 million and not spend stupidly. What are you, 13-years old??? :angry:

Of course they would "want" to make the playoffs. That would be extra money in Tommy G's pocket. But it was clear that the top priority is to collect revenue sharing. If the can somehow sneak in without doing any of the things needed like improving the team by raising the talent level? Hell, that's like Christmas.

You can take shots at me if you want. It doesn't take the words away from Darcy. It's on the tape. You can play it over and over and try to find other things but it won't take away from what he said.

The goal is to be a bottom eight revenue team so the team can make some free money

without working for it.

If the plan looks familiar. It is. It is the same business model used by the Kansas City Royals and Cincinatti Bengals.

It's on the tape.

Guest Nameless

I listened to the interview with Brad Riter and didn't hear Regier say the words, "We should be happy just to have a team." He certainly implied it, which is almost as bad. Everyone seems to have missed the most outrageous statement though. One minute, Regier said the revenue sharing the team would receive wouldn't just go to the profit of the owner. The next minute, he said the Sabres wouldn't "blow it (the money) on players." Where will it go? Regier also said if the Sabres were to add any talent, they would have to trade a strength away to do it (in other words, they won't even consider adding payroll, even if it helps the Sabres make the playoffs). People mention Golisano's business "acumen." Is he too stupid to realize he'll make more money by putting a winning, entertaining product on the ice and making the playoffs? Acumen, my ass.

I listened to the interview with Brad Riter and didn't hear Regier say the words, "We should be happy just to have a team." He certainly implied it, which is almost as bad. Everyone seems to have missed the most outrageous statement though. One minute, Regier said the revenue sharing the team would receive wouldn't just go to the profit of the owner. The next minute, he said the Sabres wouldn't "blow it (the money) on players." Where will it go? Regier also said if the Sabres were to add any talent, they would have to trade a strength away to do it (in other words, they won't even consider adding payroll, even if it helps the Sabres make the playoffs). People mention Golisano's business "acumen." Is he too stupid to realize he'll make more money by putting a winning, entertaining product on the ice and making the playoffs? Acumen, my ass.

That is common 'Darcy Speak'.

Did anyone hear his interview when he said that contracts won't be about money. It will be about selling the team to a player. I believed he used the word "charm".

NHL players know the real deal. Satan and Zhitnik didn't want to be here for a reason. Aucoin didn't sign for reason.

I wonder if Mckee's deal will keep him here past free agency? Is he due up after next season?

Archived