OT: Should we vote Smell off the island?

TrueBlueGED

Smell liked No Goal  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Well, should we?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but he's on probation

This will probably get me kicked out, but I was 4 and not a hockey fan so I'm glad the goal counted because I'm selfish and am glad to have a chance to be a fan for our franchise's first cup win.

I hear you, but for us old guys there still something so painful with above statement. I didn't feel that way after the 75 series when I was nine, but was already a hockey fan. hmm feeling some humiliation there... and old

2016-2017 Stanley Cup Finals.  Sabres vs. Oilers.  Sabres trail 3-2.

Game 6 OT.

Connor McDavid scores the winning goal after a mad scramble in front of the net during which the Oilers had the Sabres hemmed in their own zone for a minute.  But wait!  Upon replay it looks like McDavid was clearly offside for the initial zone entry.  Hot Daniel attempts the coaches challenge, but it's too late as the wild celebration has begun with players, coaches and media streaming onto the ice.  The next day we hear about some obscure memo circulated around the league that narrows the breadth of the unpopular coaches challenge rule.

Uh huh.

2016-2017 Stanley Cup Finals.  Sabres vs. Oilers.  Sabres trail 3-2.

Game 6 OT.

Connor McDavid scores the winning goal after a mad scramble in front of the net during which the Oilers had the Sabres hemmed in their own zone for a minute.  But wait!  Upon replay it looks like McDavid was clearly offside for the initial zone entry.  Hot Daniel attempts the coaches challenge, but it's too late as the wild celebration has begun with players, coaches and media streaming onto the ice.  The next day we hear about some obscure memo circulated around the league that narrows the breadth of the unpopular coaches challenge rule.

Uh huh.

That's ridiculous, it'll be 2019-2020.

Bonus game: describe the specific circle of hell that Smell will find himself in after his execution.

Reading his responses - Vestibule, for The Indifferent. Awesome question.

Great work, here.

Confession. I see No Goal the same way Smell does. Dallas beat us in hockey. I've wondered before I f I was a curmudgeon. I've learned I am. Wanna get my juices flowing about this game? James Patrick's goalpost in OT. (memory check?)

Watching Kim Pegula go on continuous dates with every Bruin, Leaf, and Bettman

"Lucic" tattoo where it doesn't show. Edited by N'eo

Ha!

I appreciate the gesture, the attention.

Should I expect a PM from a mod?

I was there, man. I so clearly remember taking the escalator down to the lobby, bleary eyed with a sore back, and there was a group of guys to our left in that middle mezzanine area watching a replay of some kind, and one started SCREAMING, "His foot was in the crease! HIS FOOT WAS IN THE GODDAMNED CREASE!"

Even at that time, I was just ... sorta numb to the thing.

And then when I went to the rally in the Square (Hasek was the star), and Lindy with his concluding spit of "NO GOAL!" I was already like, "Dude. Let it go."

/flees

I was there as well with my then 10 year old son. Our different reactions show that I concur with Aud. I was in a suite so we had television monitors right above our heads. All of us adults never questioned the goal. It was a normal hockey play that we had seen countless times. My tired, disappointed son immediately yelled "in the crease" "no goal"

Like Aud, I was never that upset about the call. I was actually more upset by the attempts the NHL made to cover their . 

Here's my take - I vividly recall watching the entire game in my living room. It was late when the puck went in - disappointed, I turned off the tv and went to bed. I NEVER thought about his foot until reading about it later. The rule was STUPID, although it was enforced throughout the year. His foot had ZERO impact on the play.

We will win a cup, Eichel will carry it around the ice and only old farts like me will retain fond memories of Bert, the French Connection, Ramsey, Ramsay, et al 

Smell is entitled to his opinion

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.