OT: Should we vote Smell off the island?

TrueBlueGED

Smell liked No Goal  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Well, should we?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but he's on probation

Ha!

I appreciate the gesture, the attention.

Should I expect a PM from a mod?

I was there, man. I so clearly remember taking the escalator down to the lobby, bleary eyed with a sore back, and there was a group of guys to our left in that middle mezzanine area watching a replay of some kind, and one started SCREAMING, "His foot was in the crease! HIS FOOT WAS IN THE GODDAMNED CREASE!"

Even at that time, I was just ... sorta numb to the thing.

And then when I went to the rally in the Square (Hasek was the star), and Lindy with his concluding spit of "NO GOAL!" I was already like, "Dude. Let it go."

/flees

Ha!

I was there, man. I so clearly remember taking the escalator down to the lobby, bleary eyed with a sore back, and there was a group of guys to our left in that middle mezzanine area watching a replay of some kind, and one started SCREAMING, "His foot was in the crease! HIS FOOT WAS IN THE GODDAMNED CREASE!"

And then when I went to the rally in the Square (Hasek was the star), and Lindy with his concluding spit of "NO GOAL!" I was already like, "Dude. Let it go."

/flees

I have contacted Liam Neeson.

But, see, all of the people who hate the new offside replay procedure can't really disagree with what Smell wrote. Almost universally, we hate the offside review and claim we can live with "real time" mistakes (I'm sure Smell has a huge problem with how the replay review failed in '99). Apply that to Hull. Hull's skate in the crease had zero to do with the goal being scored. Just like an offside has no actual bearing on any proceeding goal.

Edited by pASabreFan

But, see, all of the people who hate the new offside replay procedure can't really disagree with Smell wrote. Almost universally, we hate the offside review and claim we can live with "real time" mistakes (I'm sure Smell has a huge problem with how the replay review failed). Apply that to Hull. Hull's skate in the crease had zero to do with the goal being scored. Just like an offside has no actual bearing on any proceeding goal.

Yes, we can. You can have challenges in sports without allowing challenges to stupid . Goals for high sticks and kicking are reviewed and nobody has a problem with that

Ha!

/flees

To rally to your defense, I've never really been too miffed about the whole "No Goal" thing, since in the majority of NHL seasons, that would have resulted in a goal. It was only in a brief few years stretch where in the crease resulted in a disallowed goal. I'm more upset about Homerun Throwback since the forward lateral has always been illegal since the dawn of football.

Is there room in your bunker Smell?  :ph34r:

But, see, all of the people who hate the new offside replay procedure can't really disagree with what Smell wrote. Almost universally, we hate the offside review and claim we can live with "real time" mistakes (I'm sure Smell has a huge problem with how the replay review failed in '99). Apply that to Hull. Hull's skate in the crease had zero to do with the goal being scored. Just like an offside has no actual bearing on any proceeding goal.

25 years between 'em. At least I'm consistent, I guess.

To rally to your defense, I've never really been too miffed about the whole "No Goal" thing, since in the majority of NHL seasons, that would have resulted in a goal. It was only in a brief few years stretch where in the crease resulted in a disallowed goal. I'm more upset about Homerun Throwback since the forward lateral has always been illegal since the dawn of football.

Is there room in your bunker Smell? :ph34r:

That one did/does hurt.

And I'm fleeing like my pants are on fire (wait, are they?!), not bunkering.

Bonus game: describe the specific circle of hell that Smell will find himself in after his execution.

The one with awful thirst inflicted, and an occasional drip of brackish water on a parched tongue. Edited by That Aud Smell

Is there room in your bunker Smell? :ph34r:

Yeh I guess you are right, drops head and sulks off. Was hoping to see a real live burning at the stake....:( Edited by North Buffalo

Wherever TaroT is, they just whispered in his ear and he's been rushed into a secure bunker by the men who follow him 24-7 and carry his SabreSpace "football."

Nah, I'm stayin' out of this one. You guys can burn the heretic.

You ARE going to burn him, right? ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.