If you were trading a Sabres goalie away,

IKnowPhysics

Which of the three prominent Sabres goaltenders would you be most willing to trade away?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the three prominent Sabres goaltenders would you be most willing to trade away?

• Biron
    • Noronen
    • Miller

Guest Kristian

Biron.

Gives up more softies than any goalie in the league, and quite often at key moments in key games. He hurts The Sabres more than his stats say.

But who am I kidding, nobody's gonna bite on Biron, with that kind of pricetag.

Miller.

He is the only one that could get you anything in return.

You could package Biron with players and picks and maybe get a Miller from LA? I'm not sure that Miller makes this team that much better. This team needs to start adding talent at the top of the roster instead of the bottom.

Miller.

You could package Biron with players and picks and maybe get a Miller from LA? I'm not sure that Miller makes this team that much better. This team needs to start adding talent at the top of the roster instead of the bottom.

So do you agree Miller is the best of the three? If so, why would you trade the best one?

And we'd get more for Ryan Miller than Aaron Miller.

I'd trade Biron and here is why...

-He has had a chance for 3 years running to prove he can be a #1 goalie and has not been able to raise his play to the next level.

-his salary...enough said.

-It is time to give Noranen a shot at being a #1 goalie. I get the impression that he is not Lindy's favorite player and has been in his doghouse multiple times.

-Miller needs a shot at being a full-time #2 goalie and in the event that Noranen fails, step in and see what he can do as a #1.

In summary, trade Biron, Noranen starts the year as the #1 goaltender and Miller as the #2.

My gut instinct is to trade Biron. As other posters have stated, he has established himself the most and probably has more trade value than Noronen. That being said, Noronen does find himself in Lindy's doghouse quite often and it seems that once there you can't get out of it. If Lindy will not trust Noronen, then I would trade him.

I would not trade Miller, he has way too much upside potential. I actually think that Noronen has more upside than Biron has, but if Lindy won't play him, then a trade would be good for him and the Sabres (more or less, regardless of what you get back).

My concern with Noronen's potential and Lindy's lack of faith is that I think he could be another Roloson (a guy who turned out pretty good, but never got a fair chance in Buffalo (for understandable reasons - nobody was going to get playing time with Dom here)).

The one other intriguing thing about Biron is that he stinks in the first half of the year, and then actually seems to play well from about February on. If he could play at his second half level in the playoffs (or all season), it might not be a bad thing to keep him. Unfortunately, we are all still in the dark as to how any of these 3 would fair in the NHL playoffs.

So, long winded answer to short question, I'd pick Mika as the one I get rid of because Lindy won't play him.

My 2 cents.

Dave.

So do you agree Miller is the best of the three? If so, why would you trade the best one?

And we'd get more for Ryan Miller than Aaron Miller.

Consdiering what I have seen from the other two I would say Miller is the best. Unlike many others I don't think this team is one or two players away from the playoffs.

Inorder to rebuild this team you need to maiximise the assests. If Miller can get you some talent and some picks? You almost have to at this point.

But to tell you the truth. After hearing Regier on WGR I have to say all this hockey talk is pointless. It's not about the playoffs. It's not about winning. It's about collecting the free money from revenue sharing.

It's a sad day in the Sabre Nation.

I visited Buffalo a few years back, 98, I think, and I was surprised to see how popular Blue was.

I work as a bartender here in Western Canada - I can't GIVE Blue away.

More proof that our Eastern Canadian cousins are mental.

Have you ever tried Genny Cream Ale?

Urrgghhh! :(

Miller.

I agree.

If the Sabres werent going to really give Noronen a chance and jerk him around like they did, they could have dealt Noronena few years ago and got something good back.

Yea its pretty ugly all way around but i think noronen might have to go... its birons experience and millers upside that we need to keep... i just don't see noronen and miller holding this entire fort down bythemselves... you'll wear miller out too fast... and noronen is to shaky to play more then 10 games in a row.

OK.....Miller has proven absolutely nothing in the NHL....but "has" "huge" "potential"...heard that since the sabres got him.

Biron.....yes he usually blows the first half of the year .....then plays good to excellent.

Mika....who knows ...he seems to get the shaft from Lindy alot....but never over impresses me when he plays.

Lindy Ruff...who I do like as a coach...needs to pick a #1 goalie and just play his arse off. Trade Mika for a pound of bacon (maybe Canadian bacon) and give Miller 15-20 games as backup. Let Biron carry the team ...why else did they give him the $. Hasek gave up quite a few softies in his career too....see Playoffs - Penguins - Darius Kasparitis 'nuf said.

This team has jerked the fans and players around for quite a few years because they can't make this decision...just do it and move on!

Please.

Magic Hat #9 - the Best Beer in the World!!

This article just posted on the sabres site concerning the three goalies. To take a quote from it:

"Another factor in sorting out the threesome could be momentum. Miller is coming off a stellar campaign with the Amerks. Noronen played superbly in the Finnish Elite League. Biron took last winter off.

"Marty finished (2003-04) as the No. 1 goaltender, but Marty didn't play" last season, Regier said. "The other two guys did play, and they played well."

Trade Biron. He takes a year off?! WTF is that? At least Mika played in the Finnish League. I think there should be no problem with this decision. Of course, the Sabres need to evaluate the three in camp, but this should give Miller and Mika a edge. Hey Marty, go work on your guitar lessons some more. :blink:

Guest Colonel Forbin

"If there's one thing, over time, that's somewhat accepted in the National Hockey League it's that it's unhealthy to have three goaltenders competing for an extended period of time."

Did Darcy Regier really say that! WOW! He should be tarred, feathered, & flogged!

Biron is by far the most experienced. He turned 28 this month and has played in 246 NHL games. He's also the most expensive at $2.128 million this season and doesn't intend to go anywhere.

"This is my job, and I'm going to camp to kick some butt, to stand on my head so that there's no confusion," Biron said. "I don't want anybody to look at this and wonder."

Thats what i want to hear from Biron. Go in there and Kick ass!

So Mika played well in Finland - big deal - buy him a genny cream ale.

OK Marty. I'd love to see you kick some butt come training camp. But the reality is, he has put this team in a early hole (Oct-Nov-Dec) for the past three seasons. Then they have to scrap to make the playoffs only to miss it. Time to move on in my opinion.

I can't imagine Darcy trading Miller ... but then again I couldn't see him drafting that kid they did this summer.

I can imagine him trading Mika very easily. Not expensive and would probably do better under another coach.

I wish he'd trade Biron. The guy has a bad attitude and taking last year off after another below expectations performance in the last season is just asking for trouble. The guy says it's his job? It's not like this moment hasn't been coming for a few years, if it was truly "his job" then he should have written his own name on this seasons starting line up two years ago by giving a season full of solid performances. But who wants a $2 million back up goalie.

Archived