GDT: Buffalo @ Florida, 7:30 pm edt, 10/15/2105

WildCard

The Sabres embark on their first road trip of the season this year, heading down to Florida to take on the Florida Panthers tonight and the Tampa Bay Lightning Saturday night.

The Sabres will face a Panthers team that has come swinging out of the gates. Stalwart goaltender Luongo and his partner Montoya have combined .968 sv % to start the season, only allowing 3 goals so far. The Panthers and the Sabres will be looking to build off impressive wins against the Hurricanes and Blue Jackets. Luongo is expected to start tonight

The Panthers went 4-0-1 vs Buffalo last year, although that might be a team's worst record against us last year for all we know

Gionta is expected to make his season debut. 

Here's the game preview

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015020055&navid=sb:preview&intcmpid=sb-preview

464785784_slide.jpg

If the Sabres hope to make the playoffs this season, the Panthers are a good measuring stick

Edited by WildCard

Thanks, W, for picking up the baton and getting the GDTs going.

No problem, I like doing them honestly. I'm always up really late anyways. When it gets later into the season I'll try to include some fancy stats on each team for their season and against each other.

If anyone else wants to do them though feel free to let me know, I'll hold off from jumping on them as soon as it becomes game day.

Edited by WildCard

Here's Wednesday's practice lines

WEDNESDAY’S PRACTICE

90 Ryan O’Reilly – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 63 Tyler Ennis

Evander Kane – 15 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta

26 Matt Moulson – 22 Johan Larsson – 88 Jamie McGinn

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno – 23 Sam Reinhart

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson

29 Jake McCabe – 3 Mark Pysyk

25 Carlo Colaiacovo

47 Zach Bogosian (Non-Contact)

31 Chad Johnson

50 Nathan Lieuwen

Judging by those line combinations from practice and the play of Foligno, Legwand, and Des playing on the pk, my guess is Samson sits

Just don't go leaving us like 26CB did, WildCard.

I never understood why he left, he just up and went to hf boards one day but stays over at TBD. 

Edited by WildCard

Panthers have been scoring in bunches so far this year. 4 goals in 5:23 in a 7-1 win against Philly, then got shutout in the second of a home & home and topped it off with 3 goals in 5:55 in a 4-1 win against Carolina.

Some useless trivia.............. Brandon Pirri set an NHL record last year with the highest goals:assist ratio at 22:2 in 49 games. So far this year he has 3 assists breaking last year's total.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

This will only be my 2nd time watching Eichel tonight. Caught game 1 last week. I can't wait! Major thanks to the member that suggested using a pic of Eichel about to blow the puck by Bobrovsky as desktop wallpaper! Couldn't tell you guys how many times I watched the replay. Sabers hockey is so fun to watch now. Let's go Buffalo!

I'll have a quarter of my attention on this and three quarters on baseball unfortunately.  Hope for a good outcome for both!

So glad that the Jays schedule allowed me to watch the game uninterrupted yesterday and it looks like they play Friday so no Sabres distractions for the first game.

Good luck to you and your Mets - hope to see you in the World Series!

Hmmm, I never heard the whole thing. Where's the here we go now bit that we play? I kind of think they missed the best part, the jump-jump-jump part. Call and response would be funny. All the Chets, heyooo, all the Muffies, yeah yeah. Blue... gold... blue... gold.

#FMHL

This will only be my 2nd time watching Eichel tonight. Caught game 1 last week. I can't wait! Major thanks to the member that suggested using a pic of Eichel about to blow the puck by Bobrovsky as desktop wallpaper! Couldn't tell you guys how many times I watched the replay. Sabers hockey is so fun to watch now. Let's go Buffalo!

Can anyone post this pic again. I heard about it last night but can't find it :(

Lightning doesn't have an e in it, WC. You suck at GDTs.

It does if they're losing weight.

Go easy on 'im.

;)

Here's Wednesday's practice lines

WEDNESDAY’S PRACTICE

90 Ryan O’Reilly – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 63 Tyler Ennis

Evander Kane – 15 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta

26 Matt Moulson – 22 Johan Larsson – 88 Jamie McGinn

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno – 23 Sam Reinhart

Did anyone even think to post a lineup for this season that would have shown Gus as the #1C?  The legend grows.

Hmmm, I never heard the whole thing. Where's the here we go now bit that we play? I kind of think they missed the best part, the jump-jump-jump part. Call and response would be funny. All the Chets, heyooo, all the Muffies, yeah yeah. Blue... gold... blue... gold.

#FMHL

So you missed my posting of the original video in the goal song thread.

There are several variations on the song. It would be fun to get the JUMP bit involved at the games.

The riffs themselves - the initial horn intro and then sax/beat loop - were fairly ubiquitous back in the 80s rap scene. That sax loop was a standard break-beat that many MCs and DJs would rap (freestyle) over. DJ Kool just did it most famously (and arguably the best).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.