Robin Lehner injury "not short-term"

Hoss

Blaming Lehner's conditioning for him catching a rut and spraining an ankle is like blaming a person's weight as the reason they got hit by a bus.

Well he's the captain. If he can't play, he's gotta do something. Seriously, I'm kind of to the point that I just want to watch hockey.  The train wreck that the Sabres used to be has been cleared off the tracks.  I'm willing to just sit back and watch a few games....kind of like I used to, before the tank, and just kinda root for wins.  Any off-ice drama I'm not too worried about.  We just tanked for two years; I don't think it can get any worse than that.  Just try to sit back and enjoy the ride.

You know.. if you get close enough to Van Gogh's paintings you can critique every stroke he every made.  You also won't appreciate his painting.

I suspect that the gang mentality will be that there shouldn't be any criticism of the team or Murray this year. After all, they were in 30th place the last two seasons. Even if the captain, citing how much he hated the last two seasons, has already seen enough to call a players only meeting, in an apparent attempt to stop the losing before it really starts.

There really is nothing unusual here. 

The captain gets a players only meeting every day if he wants it. The room is his. (Actually, I have a buddy coaching who is going to lose his job because a someone higher in his organization insisted on going in the room. The coach told him: "You don't understand %^*^* about hockey, you can't do that." Knowing it would undermine him as coach, with his players.)

I think the only weird thing about Gionta's meeting is that he wasn't dressed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Blaming Lehner's conditioning for him catching a rut and spraining an ankle is like blaming a person's weight as the reason they got hit by a bus.

You know.. if you get close enough to Van Gogh's paintings you can critique every stroke he every made.  You also won't appreciate his painting.

I like that. Puts our day to day and week to week whining in perspective. 

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.