"Erie Canal" arena song, let's get it started in here

PASabreFan

It's sad. I found a thread from one year ago that praised, for the most part, the idea of an "Erie Canal" singalong in the arena. http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22775-my-idea-for-a-new-sabres-tradition/In re-reading it, I laughed so hard I almost cried — it's a great thread. But, jeez, that's all we do here, is talk. (I did get Lindy fired though; still working on Doug Allen.)

Let's crowd source this thing. Some people can make random calls to the Sabres front office. They do have phones. Maybe we can scare up some email addresses of game-night presentation decision makers. Surely, someone on here knows someone at the Sabres and a direct contact can be made. A bug in an ear. I'm not big on online petitions, but, whatever, every little bit helps. Maybe it can be organic, instead of coming from the Sabres. How about a big sign in the 300 level with some of the lyrics.

Any ideas? eleven can't do all this himself. He's provided the inspiration. I just don't want to be talking about this a year from now, wistfully, for four days before it goes away again.

It's sad. I found a thread from one year ago that praised, for the most part, the idea of an "Erie Canal" singalong in the arena. http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/22775-my-idea-for-a-new-sabres-tradition/In re-reading it, I laughed so hard I almost cried — it's a great thread. But, jeez, that's all we do here, is talk. (I did get Lindy fired though; still working on Doug Allen.)

Let's crowd source this thing. Some people can make random calls to the Sabres front office. They do have phones. Maybe we can scare up some email addresses of game-night presentation decision makers. Surely, someone on here knows someone at the Sabres and a direct contact can be made. A bug in an ear. I'm not big on online petitions, but, whatever, every little bit helps. Maybe it can be organic, instead of coming from the Sabres. How about a big sign in the 300 level with some of the lyrics.

Any ideas? eleven can't do all this himself. He's provided the inspiration. I just don't want to be talking about this a year from now, wistfully, for four days before it goes away again.

I think it's got to be organic and I have my doubts. there are 16000 STHs. they may find it interesting the first 5 games, but I could see them tiring of it. That leaves like 2000 people (only 400 of which who might sing it) to fill that energy gap.

I still want to try a goal song. When does the voting end and can I do a write-in ballot?

Things are looking up. I got a phone to ring in the janitor's closet in the 300 level. He passed the blower to a concession worker who was loading pizza logs and he was kind enough to talk. He thinks he saw Jessie Pegula one time up there and if he sees her again he will ask her to mention Erie Canal to her mom.

Things are looking up. I got a phone to ring in the janitor's closet in the 300 level. He passed the blower to a concession worker who was loading pizza logs and he was kind enough to talk. He thinks he saw Jessie Pegula one time up there and if he sees her again he will ask her to mention Erie Canal to her mom.

My step brother's girlfriend's mom is Rex Ryan's personal assistant.  I'm going to have her put identical tiny slips of paper in his socks that say "ERIE CANAL - PEGULAS - EICHEL"

That should do it.

Edited by qwksndmonster

The Sabres are looking for local artists to come up with murals for the loading dock doors on the HarborCenter.

They are “seeking an artist who will create a design that pays tribute to the history of Buffalo, and its importance on the Erie Canal.”

:wallbash:

The Sabres are looking for local artists to come up with murals for the loading dock doors on the HarborCenter.

They are “seeking an artist who will create a design that pays tribute to the history of Buffalo, and its importance on the Erie Canal.”

Not sure I understand the :wallbash:

A mule named Sal mural! I nominate Josie! 

Frustration over the inability to get traction on eleven's idea, when the Sabres say they want to honor the history of the Erie Canal.

I read the opposite from this.  I think the incorporation of an Erie Canal mural increases the likelihood that it will be sung during games.  They're at least aware of it.

A mule named Sal mural! I nominate Josie! 

haha d4rk just sent me the link to this contest thing. Honestly, I'm a woman without a city... I'm not from Buffalo, all my knowledge is limited first hand experience and second hand through d4rk... Rochester's the closest I have to a city now. So I'm gonna stay outta this one and let someone who grew up here pour their heart out. 

Even if I did have a very strange fascination with the Erie Canal as a kid. Not kidding. We have a set of locks on the Maumee River back home and I was just so interested in how they worked/the history of the canal. Normal 6 year old stuff, you know. 

haha d4rk just sent me the link to this contest thing. Honestly, I'm a woman without a city... I'm not from Buffalo, all my knowledge is limited first hand experience and second hand through d4rk... Rochester's the closest I have to a city now. So I'm gonna stay outta this one and let someone who grew up here pour their heart out. 

Even if I did have a very strange fascination with the Erie Canal as a kid. Not kidding. We have a set of locks on the Maumee River back home and I was just so interested in how they worked/the history of the canal. Normal 6 year old stuff, you know. 

Ughhh noooo anyone from Buffalo who submits art to this is going to be terrrrrrribbbbleee

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.