100 Real Life Things that could be Matt Ellis

X. Benedict

So many bad food opinions in this place. Nachos are easily the worst value in arena food. Cheap chips, cheap government surplus cheese, and if you're lucky a couple of jalapenos on top. Boooooring.

Nachos should be free. Like peanuts at the bar.

Go to Founding Fathers on Edward Street, and they are.

• 1 year later...

Matt Ellis:  The Matt Ellis of coaching:

Tuesday's practice
Beaulieu was back on the ice for the first time since he sustained an injury on a blocked shot in San Jose. The defenseman said he feels close to being game-ready. 

"[I feel] good," he said. "Obviously a little sore from that shot, but today's actually the first day I've skated in four days, so it basically feels pretty close to where it needs to be for me to get out there."

The Sabres held a skills-based practice coached by former forward Matt Ellis and his staff at the Academy of Hockey. They'll practice again at Harborcenter on Wednesday in preparation of their matchup with the Montreal Canadiens at KeyBank Center on Thursday.

"Matty Ellis, he's doing a great job with the program over there," Beaulieu said. "I got to skate with him before the season for about a week. He works on a lot of stuff that you work on during the summer and kind of forget about during the winter, so it's nice to have this in our schedule where we can kind of sit back for a day. It was an emotional road trip. You just kind of get your feet and your hands back. I thought it was a really good day and I thought we managed it really well."

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-practice-report-zach-bogosian/c-301206126

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Those that can’t ‘do’, teach. 

Yep.  And that's why I really don't have a problem with Ellis in this role.

Ruff wasn't exactly an all-star on the ice, either.  (Unless your name is Billy Smith, in which case, LTFO.)

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Yep.  And that's why I really don't have a problem with Ellis in this role.

Ruff wasn't exactly an all-star on the ice, either.  (Unless your name is Billy Smith, in which case, LTFO.)

I’m glad there’s at least one (some what) positive voice for Matt. Before you posted this I was going to share my disappointment that such an intelligent collective would be so quick to disparage a guy that did exactly what we want the kids to do... and the fact that we have him doing that daily...why would we look down on this guy?

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

I’m glad there’s at least one (some what) positive voice for Matt. Before you posted this I was going to share my disappointment that such an intelligent collective would be so quick to disparage a guy that did exactly what we want the kids to do... and the fact that we have him doing that daily...why would we look down on this guy?

I think everyone here actually likes Matt Ellis.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Oh please.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.