100 Real Life Things that could be Matt Ellis

X. Benedict

PA I have enjoyed your opinions even at your crustiest.

But the cashew is just one bridge too far.

There is a reason that mixed nuts are half cashews. They're edible, but cheap. They support the flavor of the other nuts, but don't star on their own as they are rather bland.

They ARE Matt Ellis. :p

• 1 year later...

I actually like chz's suggestion.  PPP leans heavily right and the politics threads here lean heavily left.  I say mix it up like a hounds breakfast!  You'd need like 7+ left leaning posters to go over there en masse for it to work though.  The true no holds barred steel cage match blood bath politics thread.

Part of the draw here is talking with "friends" and really respectful discussion. I have no desire to go get into a flame war.

Part of the draw here is talking with "friends" and really respectful discussion. I have no desire to go get into a flame war.

Mhm. Plus, why should TBD get preferential treatment? If we don't get politics here, why should they have it? I think PPP aught to be shut down. It's only fair.

I suspect that if you asked the regulars from over there, most would share a similar sentiment as they are nice and comfortable in their own echo chamber with like minded folks......

But I'll end my comments there as I don't wish to see this thread closed too.

I suspect that if you asked the regulars from over there, most would share a similar sentiment as they are nice and comfortable in their own echo chamber with like minded folks......

Friends doesn't equal like-minded, but I get your point. In any case, shouting at the wind isn't worth the trouble.

I would suspect so. Though, the first thread I opened there had one poster calling another poster an idiot several posts in a row. So, there's that.

More seriously, I haven't browsed there regularly in a long time (think it was the 2012 election), and my memory is the liberals there were basically all DeLuca. I can't say my desire to be on "their side" is especially high :lol:

I would suspect so. Though, the first thread I opened there had one poster calling another poster an idiot several posts in a row. So, there's that.

More seriously, I haven't browsed there regularly in a long time (think it was the 2012 election), and my memory is the liberals there were basically all DeLuca. I can't say my desire to be on "their side" is especially high :lol:

I think there's one poster over there who has been grandfathered the right to use the "you're an idiot" shtick in PPP posts. 

When I've lurked over there the bolded has been my takeaway as well, along with there being maybe two DeLucas at any given time compared to a dozen plus voices from the right.  That's why I say an all at once invasion of a large number of quality left leaning posters from here would stand a chance to bring about a true no holds barred, often ugly, yet ideologically balanced political discussion thread.  It might be worth a shot anyway as I think the mods have made it clear that it's a no go here for the foreseeable future.

Or....

Just go over there, start a "Presidential politics from Sabre Space" thread and have everyone proceed to put all of the PPP regulars on ignore. Then you'll end up with the same thread from here over on PPP.  Problem solved.  :P

Ok now I'll stop....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.