100 Real Life Things that could be Matt Ellis

X. Benedict

i was wrong earlier when I said that Tootsie Rolls were the Matt Ellis of Halloween Candy.  I stand corrected.  Candy Corn is the Matt Ellis of Halloween Candy.

I hate to say this but my Alma Mate, Indiana University is that Matt Ellis of College Football teams.  In 120 years of football we have gone to 11 bowl games and only one good one.  The 1967 Rose Bowl where we lost to USC 14-3.

On the bright side we are going bowling this season and stand 6-2.

8 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

The sponge ... the Matt Ellis of cleaning devices.

Ok folks.  Pay attention here.  THIS is an apt Matt Ellis analogy.  A sponge is a moderate-quality, common, and simple cleaning device which is inexpensive and susceptible to substitution.  It's in everyone's team, but it's rarely the hero of the cleaning lineup.  It is not bad.  It is not good.  It simply is what it is.  A sponge.  A happy Matt Ellis sponge.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Weave said:

I know.  Never was a Matt Ellis fan.

Ya know, I always remember that we won a lot when he was in games. So I went back and looked.

Here’s the team’s records when he played.

0607 16  8-4-4
0708 54  32-17-5
0809 45  23-16-6
0910 72  42-22-8
1011 14  11-1-2
1112 60  27-25-8
1213 6  3-2-1
1314 50  14-28-8
1415 39  9-25-5

356  169-140-47

That’s not too bad. And if you remove the Tank Years, the team’s record when he played was
267  146-87-24

I think we may need to rethink what Matt Ellis was.

(and I may be bored cuz I’m sitting here with my hand in a cast, but there is no way I am going back and cross referencing the games in which he didn’t play to find out what their record was without him those years.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.