Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

13 minutes ago, Ogre said:

This reminds me of that scene from Death to Smoochy when Buggy Ding D-ong shows up to his meeting with the line “Pardon me if I smell like piss. You know how it is.”

It's a rocket ship!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

Sabres merch looks better in the traditional blue and gold but those jerseys are still second to the goathead

I don't think they will ever come back, I became a sabres fan in 2002 so I love them.   That is why I wouldn't mind a royal blue goathead lol

14 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Yes but that is next year....not this 50th anniversary crap

Copy that. Crazy that they may come out with new stuff this year and then go ahead a replace it a year later but I guess that's Pegula's new version of drilling another gas well now.

1 hour ago, Drunkard said:

Copy that. Crazy that they may come out with new stuff this year and then go ahead a replace it a year later but I guess that's Pegula's new version of drilling another gas well now.

The 50th anniversary stuff is going to a one year only thing.  Supposedly all white special 3rd.  White sweater, white shorts, white gloves, all white.  It’s not really crazy or surprising that it’s for one year only, considering it’s a special 50th anniversary thing.

1 minute ago, Curt said:

The 50th anniversary stuff is going to a one year only thing.  Supposedly all white special 3rd.  White sweater, white shorts, white gloves, all white.  It’s not really crazy or surprising that it’s for one year only, considering it’s a special 50th anniversary thing.

Fair enough. It's still a money grab though. I understand celebrating a 50th year anniversary, but if they change the uniforms again after that it's kind of ridiculous.

1 minute ago, Drunkard said:

Fair enough. It's still a money grab though. I understand celebrating a 50th year anniversary, but if they change the uniforms again after that it's kind of ridiculous.

Yeah, sure.  It’s a business.  The whole thing is a money grab to an extent.  People can choose to spend, or not spend, their money however they choose though.  If it’s profitable, I guess that means they are giving the people what they want.  If they didn’t think people would buy it, they wouldn’t be selling it.

15 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

As Curt just suggested, every single thing the NHL does is a money grab.  That's their sole purpose for existence.  This one really isn't a case of introducing new stuff and then immediately replacing it though.  They're more than likely going to wear everything over the course of the year.  I'm not really sure what the need is for this specific jersey, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it stick around as a 3rd if/when they go back to royal blue the following season.

19 minutes ago, shrader said:

As Curt just suggested, every single thing the NHL does is a money grab.  That's their sole purpose for existence.  This one really isn't a case of introducing new stuff and then immediately replacing it though.  They're more than likely going to wear everything over the course of the year.  I'm not really sure what the need is for this specific jersey, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it stick around as a 3rd if/when they go back to royal blue the following season.

I guess it's better than raising ticket prices or parking.

• Like (+1) 1

The more I see it the more I dislike it. Too bad. 

I'm just not a fan of gold + white. It just screams 80s brass'n'glass interior design, tacky nouveau wealth, a jewelry store's interior, Salvatores. Pop a fake plastic fern or two behind it and bam. aesthetic. 

Personal preference. I guess I also have never been a fan of wearing white jerseys- I have a few of course, but I'll always take the home colors. More slimming haha 

That adidas graphic just looks like the long baggy white tshirts wannabe skater dudes wore under their short sleeved tshirts (from Volcom or Hurley) with a good puka shell or metal ball necklace in the late 90s early 2000s. Bowl cut or frosted tips mandatory. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

The winter classic jersey is the only one i came close to liking....and that's because the NHL did it, not the idiots in the Sabres graphic dept.

Yeah, but they put that stupid NY on it.  Also, did you really not like the Pepsi-style sweaters?  I think they're as good as any the team ever has had.

Edited by Eleven

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Yeah, but they put that stupid NY on it.  Also, did you really not like the Pepsi-style sweaters?  I think they're as good as any the team ever has had.

Sheesh.  Thought he was referring to the one from the game where Spacek was the home team captain, not the one from the abomination of a game where the home team played 7 hours away from home.

:oops:

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

I was just referring to all jerseys since they left the classic. As far as the NY, the Sabres did not want that on the Winter Classic, but the NHL insisted saying it would give the image of a rivalry.

3 hours ago, ... said:

Why is this so hard?

vjjt0s06f6zz.jpg

Oops, I mean this:

sabres_90__09703.1524510498.1280.1280.jp

It's not hard, but, honest to God, they've been toying with the fans since 2003! Final home of 2002-03, after OSP bought the team, they skated out in the old blue and gold. Sixteen years! The pent-up demand is so enormous, Terry will become a billionaire all over again — in 2020. We want 17 (years)! I'm not sure what's more criminal, taking this long to make a simple sweater change or taking this long to make the playoffs again.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.