Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

It's already done and not coming out until the 50th

Which is so stupid. Why not do it now and unveil a gold alternate (a good one this time!) to celebrate the golden anniversary? We'd have something to feel good about now and something to celebrate the anniversary later.

These are the types of horrible decisions that get made when your organization is incompetent from top to bottom. How is this hard?

Which is so stupid. Why not do it now and unveil a gold alternate (a good one this time!) to celebrate the golden anniversary? We'd have something to feel good about now and something to celebrate the anniversary later.

These are the types of horrible decisions that get made when your organization is incompetent from top to bottom. How is this hard?

Given our uniform history, and how ham-handed the current regime is with fan relations, everyone should be afraid of what they wish for.

Really though. Pretty sure this board could collectively run the Sabres better than they have/are

Given our uniform history, and how ham-handed the current regime is with fan relations, everyone should be afraid of what they wish for.

The Sabres are the hockey equivalent of the Monkey's Paw short story.

Really though. Pretty sure this board could collectively run the Sabres better than they have/are

Yes. And basically in our free time after work.

• 3 months later...

Wait a second, am I the only one who didn't know this about the goat-heads?

https://twitter.com/peteblackburn/status/984280242255749120?s=21

Thing is, looking at an actual white goathead, that sweep up under the horns has a much larger radius of curvature. A buffalo head is there, kind of, but it's more abstract than the rendered version in the tweet. The real 1 also doesn't have the black arm pits like in the tweet (at least the one from the particular year's sweater I was looking at) which further reduces the effect.

Also interesting that the black sweater doesn't do anything for the top of that silhouette. So, they definitely weren't going for a black buffalo, but there is the abstract white one on the other sweater.

Interesting.

Edited by Taro T

Wait a second, am I the only one who didn't know this about the goat-heads?

https://twitter.com/peteblackburn/status/984280242255749120?s=21

I have a huge problem with the whole concept. The only way anyone would ever notice is if the players skated like scarecrows. If it was intentional, which I'm still leery of, it would have only been noticeable in the concept phase where jerseys are laid out. Anyone that knows anything about anything would have realized that once the sweaters were adorned, the Buffalo image is lost and its a completely stupid idea.

Totally agree and I'd be fine without the surnames even if the NHL would not.

Same.  But the league will not be.

There were a couple of years back then where the names were in a font with serifs.  I like those.

Edited by Eleven

The 77'-78' unis are the best IMO....

Sabres04.png

I remember these even though I was far removed from being a fan. If there was one sweater I liked as much as my white Nords, it was the white Sabres. I’m all in.

The winter classic ain’t too shabby either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.