Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

Update: I did email Russ with a link and a request for possible response/requirements. Only 54 signatures so far, but maybe if the team has an actual thought on it (highly doubtful) then it could get more attention.

I had originally thought Russ had an email the public could easily ask it but I couldn't find it, so I'll refrain from putting it out there. There is a form on WGR if you google it but I have no idea if that works.

Edited by Hoss

How many signatures will we need? If Somone brings a copy of this to Bills or Sabres game you could easily get 1-2k

I'm not sure. That's one of the questions I asked. I'm not even expecting a response. In fact, I expect it to be ignored completely or just die off... But I figured it was worth the effort.

• 1 month later...

Post the petition to all the social media accounts you own, make this thing go viral in the Buffalo area.  I tweeted a dozen times at the Sabres to bring back beyond blue n gold (I bet tons of other ppl did too)  and it's back so they clearly listen.

Tweet it, instagram it, facebook it https://www.change.org/p/russ-brandon-pegulas-bring-back-the-royal-buffalo-sabres?recruiter=58981812&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

While it would probably be a pain for them to change over the color with all the branding changing in the First Niagara Center, I could actually see this happening, just because the Bills also use royal blue and it could bring them together in a One Buffalo marketing sort of way. I'm pretty sure my "vintage" themed Sabres hats and my Bills hats are the same exact color.

On another note, I'd like to see some sweet red and black third jerseys.

Post the petition to all the social media accounts you own, make this thing go viral in the Buffalo area. I tweeted a dozen times at the Sabres to bring back beyond blue n gold (I bet tons of other ppl did too) and it's back so they clearly listen.

Tweet it, instagram it, facebook it https://www.change.org/p/russ-brandon-pegulas-bring-back-the-royal-buffalo-sabres?recruiter=58981812&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

Huh, that looks familiar. ;)

• 8 months later...

Is there not going to be a 3rd jersey this year? Why has there not been even a peep about getting these damn colors back. So tired of the black jersey with grey and sparkles....

I feel like the current navy jerseys look really good in person, up close, but on TV, even in high def, they just don't translate that well. They look nearly black. Sometimes if you don't see the logo and look quick, on a wide angle, it almost looks like Steelers colors. This is a primary reason I want them to go back to a brighter, royal blue.

Edited by Thorny

• 2 weeks later...

Why not go back to royal blue original and never tweak it again

Because human nature is such that there will always be somebody that believes they can redo what is out there & make it better. & eventually one of those schmucks will be persuasive enough to say it to the right person & get his (or her) kick @ the can. :(

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.