Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

I don't know how many people legit care (I guess we'll find out) but I plan on trying to start the petition over the next few days.

I plan on including some photos of the royal blues. A few questions/requests:

Any ideas as to what/when? I was thinking 2020.

Any ideas as to which website?

As long as your spelling and grammar are correct I'll sign anything. Online petitions are turrible at looking good enough to take seriously. 

I would push for a more aggressive adoption of the royal blue for the 2017-18 Season. Next year might be unrealistic, but the following year should be a lock if they're serious. 

Plus it will be the third season of the Eichel Era. In theory it's the year we should be true contenders. 

I was thinking 2020 but the phase in of Adidas would make sense (the year D4rk suggested).

Reddit (largest free platform) and jersey changes asap

I'll post it to Reddit, but I wouldn't host a petition there.

I'll include Russ Brandon's email in the body so people can flood him with emails.

As long as your spelling and grammar are correct I'll sign anything. Online petitions are turrible at looking good enough to take seriously. 

I would push for a more aggressive adoption of the royal blue for the 2017-18 Season. Next year might be unrealistic, but the following year should be a lock if they're serious. 

Plus it will be the third season of the Eichel Era. In theory it's the year we should be true contenders. 

I'd sign it. And I'd go with the '17/'18 season as well.

So the team can dress like a christmas tree? I'd pass.

Those were the teams' colors from the beginning and I am generally against complete changes of the color scheme (yes, including Buffalo's red and black.)  Their recent jerseys have all been well designed, however, so that's what I would be hiring.

Those were the teams' colors from the beginning and I am generally against complete changes of the color scheme (yes, including Buffalo's red and black.)  Their recent jerseys have all been well designed, however, so that's what I would be hiring.

I guess we can agree to disagree. I don't really care for any of their designs. Even the mostly green ones which are the best of a sad lot in my opinion. I don't care for the giant white stripe being so close to the bottom of the jersey because it just accentuates the stupid tails at the bottom of NHL jerseys now (this also happened with the white tail at the bottom of the red blackhawks jersey as well). They design the jersey to be tucked in and luckily they put an end to that nonsense but then they keep the same stupid design of having it uneven at the bottom. Make no sense to me.

Edited by Drunkard

Here's the petition, please sign away!

https://www.change.org/p/russ-brandon-pegulas-bring-back-the-royal-buffalo-sabres?recruiter=58981812&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_for_starters_page&utm_term=des-lg-no_src-no_msg

(Apologize in advance for any typos/mistakes. Put this together at 2 am quick. Let me know if there are any changes I should make or if that's a good look).

I'll sign it. Although it gives me the willies to join in on #pegulagroupthink, I do like the idea of one blue for the Bills and Sabres. Pretty cool idea.

Hoss, the wording "Adelphia Sabres" isn't that important, but I've always thought it was an interesting historical thing to debate — that the Sabres switched to black and red because they were Adelphia colors. I've never believed it. Rigas was investing in the team while the Aud was closing in 1996 and the new jersey was in the works, but he didn't own the team yet. He had clout but not operational control. I don't know for sure, but I bet the color scheme was just something they thought would sell.

Oh yeah, capitalize Adidas.

Edited by PASabreFan

I'll sign it. Although it gives me the willies to join in on #pegulagroupthink, I do like the idea of one blue for the Bills and Sabres. Pretty cool idea.

Hoss, the wording "Adelphia Sabres" isn't that important, but I've always thought it was an interesting historical thing to debate — that the Sabres switched to black and red because they were Adelphia colors. I've never believed it. Rigas was investing in the team while the Aud was closing in 1996 and the new jersey was in the works, but he didn't own the team yet. He had clout but not operational control. I don't know for sure, but I bet the color scheme was just something they thought would sell.

I actually don't like that idea. Different sports, different teams, they should be different. If it's one blue, going back to Buffalo will feel like going into one of those secret evil compounds of a 60s Bond villian where everyone is wearing the same color jumpsuit.

I actually don't like that idea. Different sports, different teams, they should be different. If it's one blue, going back to Buffalo will feel like going into one of those secret evil compounds of a 60s Bond villian where everyone is wearing the same color jumpsuit.

Do you feel that way visiting Pittsburgh with 3 major league teams wearing the same 3 colors?

Do you feel that way visiting Pittsburgh with 3 major league teams wearing the same 3 colors?

My first thought, I love that they do that. IMO it brings the fans from each team together under a common bond with the city. Plus it makes their merchandizing and promotions way easier

Compared to some of the cloth debacles we've endured over the years, I'm mostly happy with where we're at now.  We've got blue and gold, we've got an update of the original crest, we've got a nod to the belt striping we used to have without looking like a diaper, and both home and away jerseys look good.

But I think with the brand new era of hockey we're about to experience, combined with the inevitable jersey redesigns coming with Adidas, there's an opportunity to grab the brass ring and make a truly timeless classic.

Elements for improvement:

Colors: The turn towards navy was a fashion-related design choice to attempt to make the jersey have more mass appeal (the same thing is done with cars: mute the colors so that they don't turn anyone off from buying).  We don't need that.  Buffalo has proven that it will support a good-looking jersey with league-high sales.  Keep the bright colors in the game and bring back navy blue.  It'll be a symbol of our bright new future.

Striping: Bring back the pure yellow triple stripe on the arms and belt, and, if we're going big, bring back the triple-triple socks.  At the very least, bring back the double-triple striped socks.  Notice that there's very little white on the classics (only Buffalo, swords, and number outlines are white on the classics), and the result is a beautiful, brilliant contrast.  Don't mute with grey or excess white.  In fact, fashion tip: grey should never touch yellow, that's gross.

Other bits: no piping.  None.  Keep the classic look.

For instance, examine the following picture.  Then mentally transplant the updated logo from the jerseys on the left onto the jersey on the right.  Gorgeous.  Even better when you go from double-double stripes to triple stripes.

5041740454_588b4a86ca_o.png

I've just always called them and heard others refer to them as the same. Either way the point is clear.

Also - adidas isn't capitalized. It's a proper noun so it SHOULD be, but the company uses lower case letters when they represent themselves.

Compared to some of the cloth debacles we've endured over the years, I'm mostly happy with where we're at now.  We've got blue and gold, we've got an update of the original crest, we've got a nod to the belt striping we used to have without looking like a diaper, and both home and away jerseys look good.

But I think with the brand new era of hockey we're about to experience, combined with the inevitable jersey redesigns coming with Adidas, there's an opportunity to grab the brass ring and make a truly timeless classic.

Elements for improvement:

Colors: The turn towards navy was a fashion-related design choice to attempt to make the jersey have more mass appeal (the same thing is done with cars: mute the colors so that they don't turn anyone off from buying).  We don't need that.  Buffalo has proven that it will support a good-looking jersey with league-high sales.  Keep the bright colors in the game and bring back navy blue.  It'll be a symbol of our bright new future.

Striping: Bring back the pure yellow triple stripe on the arms and belt, and, if we're going big, bring back the triple-triple socks.  At the very least, bring back the double-triple striped socks.  Notice that there's very little white on the classics (only Buffalo, swords, and number outlines are white on the classics), and the result is a beautiful, brilliant contrast.  Don't mute with grey or excess white.  In fact, fashion tip: grey should never touch yellow, that's gross.

Other bits: no piping.  None.  Keep the classic look.

For instance, examine the following picture.  Then mentally transplant the updated logo from the jerseys on the left onto the jersey on the right.  Gorgeous.  Even better when you go from double-double stripes to triple stripes.

5041740454_588b4a86ca_o.png

I loved the blue on those 3rd jerseys. Boy does it just POP. 

I've just always called them and heard others refer to them as the same. Either way the point is clear.

Also - adidas isn't capitalized. It's a proper noun so it SHOULD be, but the company uses lower case letters when they represent themselves.

Ahhh, didn't know that about adidas.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.