Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

I will bang the drum to go back to the royal blue into I am royal blue in the face but having said that, are there not going to be any 3rd jerseys for Buffalo this year? Anyone see this contest winner?

http://www.diebytheblade.com/2015/5/29/8685305/design-a-new-sabres-third-jersey-the-champion

Oof!  These are wrong on so many levels.... (for instance, third jerseys are worn only at home and would be team color, not white).

I was never a fan of the red and black - the only reason the team picked these colors is because at the time the hottest-selling sports jerseys were Chicago Bulls shirts (and that was only because of Jordan...and the winning).

NHL should go back to home whites and road colors.  That way, when a team comes to town, you get to see their colorful jerseys, not the plain old white things..... 

I'm still ambivalent about alternate jerseys - too much like a money grab and (especially lately), the designs look like sh...er, crap.

Oof!  These are wrong on so many levels.... (for instance, third jerseys are worn only at home and would be team color, not white).

I was never a fan of the red and black - the only reason the team picked these colors is because at the time the hottest-selling sports jerseys were Chicago Bulls shirts (and that was only because of Jordan...and the winning).

NHL should go back to home whites and road colors.  That way, when a team comes to town, you get to see their colorful jerseys, not the plain old white things..... 

I'm still ambivalent about alternate jerseys - too much like a money grab and (especially lately), the designs look like sh...er, crap.

I'm convinced it was because it matched Adelphia's colors.

I read somewhere recently that one league (NFL?) is considering color vs. color uniforms when they are not too similar.  The concept that light and dark were developed to handle B&W television and that today it's not really needed.

Could be good in the NHL as well.  Some teams would remain too similar and you'd need white sweaters.. but having a blue versus nashville gold or carolina red wouldn't be bad.

Then again.. color blind players might have a problem with it.

I read somewhere recently that one league (NFL?) is considering color vs. color uniforms when they are not too similar. The concept that light and dark were developed to handle B&W television and that today it's not really needed.

Could be good in the NHL as well. Some teams would remain too similar and you'd need white sweaters.. but having a blue versus nashville gold or carolina red wouldn't be bad.

Then again.. color blind players might have a problem with it.

The Winter Classic with Toronto and Detroit did this, I didn't like it very much.

When Liverpool and Everton play their Merseyside Derby, the effect of the reds against the blues is quite something.

Tempers-flare-between-Liv-001.jpg

Reds against the Blues always just makes me think of various team-based video games I've been obsessed with over the years.  The two most prominent being Team Fortress 2 and Halo (more for the machinima series than the actual halo games).

When Liverpool and Everton play their Merseyside Derby, the effect of the reds against the blues is quite something.

Tempers-flare-between-Liv-001.jpg

Just look at the carnage. That Chang player is nearly dead. Clearly in agony. And probably maimed for life. This sport should be banned. Unless that poor man stands up and continues to play in the next 30 seconds. 

Just look at the carnage. That Chang player is nearly dead. Clearly in agony. And probably maimed for life. This sport should be banned. Unless that poor man stands up and continues to play in the next 30 seconds. 

There's no way that guy is playing again in 30 seconds. He is getting stretchered to the sideline first, and then he'll be back on the field. So, at least 60 seconds.

You forced me to do this...

Wait, people were referencing that song?  I had no idea! :wallbash:

You need to work on your material.  It's only funny if you post a video of Randy Marsh singing it.

I posted the better version earlier in the thread. I didn't think I could be more obvious.

We'll never be royals.

Edited by Robins Egg

Royal blue and gold, definitely.  While I liked the black-and-red, that's not the Sabres to me.  I'm not as opposed as some to a little bit of fine gray details to add some depth, but it's way too overdone now.  The pit stains have to go.  Pipping up the side, too.  The rest can stay, if they really want, but it might need to be thinned out, if it does.

Edited by carpandean

I know there's some simulation in that game. But what happened to that kid with Man U this past week was as bad as anything I've ever seen in sport (and it wasn't fluky like what happened to that Louisville basketball player -- it came from a challenge/tackle). I don't recommend looking it up; unless you're into that sort of thing.

Royal blue and gold, definitely.  While I liked the black-and-red, that's not the Sabres to me.  I'm not as opposed as some to a little bit of fine gray details to add some depth, but it's way too overdone now.  The pit stains have to go.  Pipping up the side, too.  The rest can stay, if they really want, but it might need to be thinned out, if it does.

You can't leave that creative liberty up to them or they'll it up. Just look at the slug and the turdburger. They can't resist stupid ideas like giant gray cuffs and pit stains.

I don't know how many people legit care (I guess we'll find out) but I plan on trying to start the petition over the next few days.

I plan on including some photos of the royal blues. A few questions/requests:

Any ideas as to what/when? I was thinking 2020.

Any ideas as to which website?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.