Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

18 hours ago, sabills said:

just making the shoulder yoke royal blue instead of navy actually makes the original turdburger 100% more palatable. Its still terrible (two different yellows?!), but its something.
image.png.24f00db88fdcea0b70ad6248475215d6.png

This is better but in the way Burger King is better than McDonalds 

• Haha (+1) 4

My biggest problem with the turd burger, aside from its existence, was that it had a different colour on the front and back.  That could create a slight hesitation when playing that could hurt team performance even more than the lack of talent on the ice.

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

My biggest problem with the turd burger, aside from its existence, was that it had a different colour on the front and back.  That could create a slight hesitation when playing that could hurt team performance even more than the lack of talent on the ice.

You know, the biggest problem aside from the fact that it existed.  I hope no one overlooks that part of your post because it's hilarious.

• Like (+1) 1

There are some pretty cool jersey ideas on the 1st page of this thread from years ago. I remember some other ones from back then that were pretty cool too, but i couldn't find them on the internet. In my search i did however come across this page full of some good looking concepts that I didn't see posted anywhere here.

Here's the link of them if u'd like to check em out

https://buffalohockeycentral.com/2020/06/26/sabres-jersey-concepts/

45 minutes ago, In The Buff said:

There are some pretty cool jersey ideas on the 1st page of this thread from years ago. I remember some other ones from back then that were pretty cool too, but i couldn't find them on the internet. In my search i did however come across this page full of some good looking concepts that I didn't see posted anywhere here.

Here's the link of them if u'd like to check em out

https://buffalohockeycentral.com/2020/06/26/sabres-jersey-concepts/

Concept 1 is on a good track, just needs some tweaks. 

9529B17B-4181-4CF9-9C0C-568E98B6F4CD.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Concept 1 is on a good track, just needs some tweaks. 

9529B17B-4181-4CF9-9C0C-568E98B6F4CD.jpeg

Yeah i really like that shade of blue i think. Reminds me of the blue in the 2018 Winter Classic jersey (which was one of my favorites).

And the striping tweaks the traditional for a bit of an edgier look. Some cool ideas for sure.

I just hope the official jerseys are something we can all be proud of. I remember before the slug came out there were lots of interesting concepts like this floating around that got me excited about our new jersey. And then the slug came out haha. They absolutely nailed the 50th Anniversary jerseys, so i can't wait to see what they come up with now.

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Trettioåtta said:

So you can now pre-order the Royal Blue. Any idea when it is due for release? 

In a jersey related note - is the 50th still available?

There may still be some unsold merchandise but they haven't restocked anything for a while.  It's now on to the royal blues.

A call to the Sabres Store would probably let you find out what (if anything 50th) is still available.

On 8/7/2020 at 2:01 PM, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

You know, I've heard this theory put forth before, but I don't think that was a problem in actuality, even if it makes sense on paper.

Those uniforms were absolutely horrific.

On 8/10/2020 at 7:52 AM, CallawaySabres said:

Just please be close to first two options here

Those look pretty darn close to how they used to look; well, the white one anyway.

I was never a fan of that look.

The royal blue is cheesy, though that seems to be most popular with fans.

Can you possibly imagine decorating a room in your house with those 3 colors?  Or ordering your Ferrari in that royal blue with yellow leather seats and a white steering wheel? 

I liked the change to black when we did it!  Felt like an enema desperately needed by this franchise at the time.

The all blacks looked great. The goat head was the problem.

I know, I know. My views on this are not shared by many Sabres fans.

On 9/11/2020 at 4:55 PM, Kruppstahl said:

Those look pretty darn close to how they used to look; well, the white one anyway.

I was never a fan of that look.

The royal blue is cheesy, though that seems to be most popular with fans.

Can you possibly imagine decorating a room in your house with those 3 colors?  Or ordering your Ferrari in that royal blue with yellow leather seats and a white steering wheel? 

I liked the change to black when we did it!  Felt like an enema desperately needed by this franchise at the time.

The all blacks looked great. The goat head was the problem.

I know, I know. My views on this are not shared by many Sabres fans.

When I was a little kid, my older brother was a Sabres' fan.  I never liked the royal blue.  Ended up being a Blackhawks' fan.  I really started becoming a Sabres' fan right after the lockout with the 2005-06 team, and I definitely liked the black/red/white.  Strangely, though, my opinion has changed.  I look back and see the royals as what the Sabres should be, not just an over-used color scheme that would probably win a teamless (i.e., not shown with any associated team) popularity contest.  So, now, I'm very happy with the switch back and think they look great!

Edited by carpandean
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.