Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

Victor going to go Jagr on us?

Borgen Johansson Jokiharju Vesey and Miller with numbers that suit.

Lazar as Mike Peca would have been exciting five years ago.

What the hell Cozens is thinking I’m not sure. I know he was 24 in junior, but... 

23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Victor going to go Jagr on us?

Borgen Johansson Jokiharju Vesey and Miller with numbers that suit.

Lazar as Mike Peca would have been exciting five years ago.

What the hell Cozens is thinking I’m not sure. I know he was 24 in junior, but... 

I like 42. 

Pilut has 24, so he can't wear that. 

Cozens also wore 22 for Canada, but Larsson has that. 

I'm assuming he probably switches out of 42 at some point, but backwards 24 is probably what he settled on for now. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I like 42. 

Pilut has 24, so he can't wear that. 

Cozens also wore 22 for Canada, but Larsson has that. 

I'm assuming he probably switches out of 42 at some point, but backwards 24 is probably what he settled on for now. 

I think of Cozens as a classic first line forward who should have a classic first line number.

9 and 11 were out and I guess Jokiharju had seniority for 10. He should have halved 24 and grabbed 12.

42 will always be Smehlik.

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think of Cozens as a classic first line forward who should have a classic first line number.

9 and 11 were out and I guess Jokiharju had seniority for 10. He should have halved 24 and grabbed 12.

I remember it more as Gerbe. 

Like I said, I like 42, mostly cause it's from Hitchhiker's Guide, so if he keeps it I'm good. But I'd guess he'll change it up at some point. That seems to be pretty common for players entering the league.

Eichel's already had 3 numbers..

Edited by Thorny

12 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I remember it more as Gerbe. 

Like I said, I like 42, mostly cause it's from Hitchhiker's Guide, so if he keeps it I'm good. But I'd guess he'll change it up at some point. That seems to be pretty common for players entering the league.

Eichel's already had 3 numbers..

I’m just a curmudgeon when it comes to numbers.

I could work as Lou Lamoriello’s equipment manager.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, dudacek said:

What did that poor # ever do to you? 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/23/2019 at 1:56 PM, Kruppstahl said:

It raises an interesting question.  Should uniform color be prioritized for a good look on TV?  Or should it be about how it looks in real life or in person at a game? 

I certainly see the uniforms a lot more on TV than in person!  And I also watch most games on center ice, in low definition!  A lot of games look like I am watching a VHS recording from 1987.  Everything is pixelated and the dark blue uniforms look like a pitch black ink stain on the screen.

Maybe we should try lighter hues of blue! 

Remember when American companies actually made consumer electronics?! 

Good gravy, man, go get GameCenter and a Roku and stream in HD.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, shrader said:

That number was a great fit there. I can’t think of any other player who was able to have his height on the back of his jersey. 

Well, that is a special #.  Smehlik had his IQ on the back of his sweater with it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even though I knew that was the case, I am glad that they finally announced it. It's just as well that 2020 is the year because they should hopefully be a playoff team by then. In the meantime, only ONE more year of crappy hockey and piss stained jerseys - whoohoo!

8 minutes ago, #freejame said:

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE GOATHEAD THIS SEASON!?! 

I’ve never wanted a Sabres jersey as bad as I do a black Reinhart.

You may have that chance because it was supposed to be this year...but probably next that they run through all of the jerseys and wind up on the royal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.