Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

15 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

hmmmm, as I sit waiting to get an MRI after a hip injection...  I do like the simplicity, would need to see it in a different light tho.

Hope all goes well with your hip.

• Thanks (+1) 1

That rumored 3rd looks like a placeholder EA Sports NHL would have, not having access to the actual uniform. 

Judging from the reactions in this thread, maybe they achieved their goal if their goal was "mediocre". Pretty underwhelming for the 50th, I'd say. 

Edit - They also *just did* a (much better) white alternate. Just pretty meh overall to me, I guess. 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Considering what they've done recently, could've been a lot worse.

Overall, the sweater is fine.  Not a fan of the "textured" golden buffalo nor the golden sabers.  Hopefully they look better in person if this is the real 50th.

Also, would prefer Royal blue.

A thought I had: I don’t think royal blue would go well with the “true gold” they’re going for. I think a darker blue is a much better fit for that style of gold.

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

, as I sit waiting to get an MRI after a hip injection...  

Is it on account of all the hockey?

9 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

A thought I had: I don’t think royal blue would go well with the “true gold” they’re going for. I think a darker blue is a much better fit for that style of gold.

Suppose that's one more strike against it. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Doc said I have hip dysplasia (shallow hip sockets) which was news to me... it's the leading cause of hip arthritis in people under 50.  

For someone with dysplasia, high impact sports will wear out the joint quicker than normal, so time for some lifestyle changes I suppose.

6 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

It looks awful and I hate it so I'm sure it's the real deal. Nice work design department,  you failed again!

Didn't you have some source with the team that promised us they weren't going to ***** the bed again with these designs?

People are bound to be highly opinionated on it.  

One person will say it sucks and another will say they love it. 

I think it has promise, although i would have preferred royal blue I think.  Need to see the entirety.

4 hours ago, sabills said:

Its going to be real tough to have an opinion  on these things until I see them on TV. That shiny gold is tough to interpret in a flat image.

Agreed.  Again, I love the simplicity.   I just hope the color on the crest matches the gold striping.... hard to tell from the image.     

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

Agreed.  Again, I love the simplicity.   I just hope the color on the crest matches the gold striping.... hard to tell from the image.     

The gold on the crest is multishaded apparently to give more definition to the body of the buffalo.  Hopefully it's complementary to the gold on the rest of the sweater.

I’m not a big fan of all whites, but I think it will be fine.  The screenshot direct from the website looks ok.  That recreation looks pale and washed out though.  It’s going to be ok.  In 2020-21 it seems like they might switch to royal blue, so they are probably saving that for then.

9 hours ago, Weave said:

That looks like it is piss stained.

6 hours ago, ubkev said:

And then pissed on it.

This reminds me of that scene from Death to Smoochy when Buggy Ding D-ong shows up to his meeting with the line “Pardon me if I smell like piss. You know how it is.”

Edited by Ogre
Hmmm. ***** is censored. Piss is not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.