Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

4 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Someone please explain the generally accepted widespread love for "royal blue" with our uniforms.

I find it to be cheesy and the deep navy blue is a much classier, longer lasting look.  I agree it does tend to look too dark on TV, but that's a different matter entirely.

Honestly, this is the biggest thing, to me. My navy blue Eichel jersey looks great hanging in my closet but I'm kinda tired of watching the Boston Bruins/Pittsburgh Steelers on most television Sabres broadcasts. Most of the time I'm looking at the jerseys is during the games so I'm ready for royal. 

On 7/20/2019 at 7:04 PM, Thorny said:

Honestly, this is the biggest thing, to me. My navy blue Eichel jersey looks great hanging in my closet but I'm kinda tired of watching the Boston Bruins/Pittsburgh Steelers on most television Sabres broadcasts. Most of the time I'm looking at the jerseys is during the games so I'm ready for royal. 

With today's TVs, most teams should be wearing bright colors.  Obviously I don't mean Seattle Seahawk highlighter bright, but we need to move away from the color schemes that may as well have been intended for black and white TVs.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Looks too much like St. Louis.  

I knda hope if they go back to royal that they add some 3rd color to give it some pop.. like some silver or red or something... maybe.

Like some sweet grey pit stains? Keeping gray as a secondary color when they switched back to blue and gold was the second worst decision the team made after that ugly slug logo.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/22/2019 at 9:33 AM, shrader said:

With today's TVs, most teams should be wearing bright colors.  Obviously I don't mean Seattle Seahawk highlighter bright, but we need to move away from the color schemes that may as well have been intended for black and white TVs.

They look nice on my Zenith.

14 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

They look nice on my Zenith.

Zenith.  Not sure who their CEO was, but he could be considered the Tim Murray of electronics.

Sold off all their profitable divisions (they made a ton of different products) to focus on HDTV while the standards were still being developed and did not win that battle.

Too bad.  They did make good consumer electronics.

On 7/20/2019 at 7:04 PM, Thorny said:

It raises an interesting question.  Should uniform color be prioritized for a good look on TV?  Or should it be about how it looks in real life or in person at a game? 

I certainly see the uniforms a lot more on TV than in person!  And I also watch most games on center ice, in low definition!  A lot of games look like I am watching a VHS recording from 1987.  Everything is pixelated and the dark blue uniforms look like a pitch black ink stain on the screen.

Maybe we should try lighter hues of blue! 

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Zenith.  Not sure who their CEO was, but he could be considered the Tim Murray of electronics.

Sold off all their profitable divisions (they made a ton of different products) to focus on HDTV while the standards were still being developed and did not win that battle.

Too bad.  They did make good consumer electronics.

Remember when American companies actually made consumer electronics?! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

It raises an interesting question.  Should uniform color be prioritized for a good look on TV?  Or should it be about how it looks in real life or in person at a game? 

I certainly see the uniforms a lot more on TV than in person!  And I also watch most games on center ice, in low definition!  A lot of games look like I am watching a VHS recording from 1987.  Everything is pixelated and the dark blue uniforms look like a pitch black ink stain on the screen.

Maybe we should try lighter hues of blue! 

Remember when American companies actually made consumer electronics?!

Yep.

2 minutes ago, #freejame said:

Not the worst Sabres jersey ever. Certainly not the best jersey either. 

It appears that they went ahead and tried to "pull off" the colour gold on a uniform. Historically tricky, that.

Also: That's a lot of stripes. I guess it's 5 stripes for 5 decades?

41 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

EALsBBDXUAAgWY2?format=jpg&name=small

that thing is all over the Twitter right now

apparently screen grabbed from an online adidas store (?)

EALRjDdW4AAJY1X?format=jpg&name=large

Considering what they've done recently, could've been a lot worse.

Overall, the sweater is fine.  Not a fan of the "textured" golden buffalo nor the golden sabers.  Hopefully they look better in person if this is the real 50th.

Also, would prefer Royal blue.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.