Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

5 minutes ago, darksabre said:

You guys are overthinking it. Soccer is as popular as ever in the states right now, and soccer fans love special kits.

Yeah this is absurd lol it's just a fan who made a cool jersey

If you look closely enough there's a pyramid with the Illuminati eye on top with Latin script reading 'Area 51 Raid 9-25-2019' 

Edited by WildCard
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Yeah this is absurd lol it's just a fan who made a cool jersey

If you look closely enough there's a pyramid with the Illuminati eye on top with Latin script reading 'Area 51 Raid 9-25-2019' 

Someone was late to the raid, I see.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Drunkard said:

That's why I said maybe. I have no idea but that's the only link I see between soccer and the Buffalo Sabres.

Eh...making soccer jerseys out of non-soccer sports, rock bands, and whatever else is a thing the internet enjoys for some reason.  

14 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Eh...making soccer jerseys out of non-soccer sports, rock bands, and whatever else is a thing the internet enjoys for some reason.  

Gotcha. If it just came from the internet then it's nothing. I thought the shirts were for sale in the Sabres store or NHL.com or something.

18 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Oh no not the slug ?

You'll notice that they relegated the use of Navy to the slug and the use of royal to the Buffalo and crossed swords.

9 hours ago, Zamboni said:

And oh no not the goat head 

Those who choose to ignore history...  it's part of it, it happened.  You can't deny it.  

1 hour ago, LTS said:

You'll notice that they relegated the use of Navy to the slug and the use of royal to the Buffalo and crossed swords.

Those who choose to ignore history...  it's part of it, it happened.  You can't deny it.  

True, but it should be white washed a la 1984.  It is single most form of Sabre obomination.

Someone please explain the generally accepted widespread love for "royal blue" with our uniforms.

I find it to be cheesy and the deep navy blue is a much classier, longer lasting look.  I agree it does tend to look too dark on TV, but that's a different matter entirely.

It's funny, b/c I think most Sabres fans LOVE our uniforms, like they are clearly among the best in the league.

I have been looking at them since the 1970s and have ALWAYS found them to be kind of cheesy.   Blue, white, and gold is not really a great color grouping and there's nothing special about them other than the leaping Buffalo logo, which I do like.

I hated the goat's head, but otherwise LOVED the switch to red, black, and white at the time.  When we wore our all blacks, we looked positively evil and the overall look was fantastic.

We had some very tough teams wearing those uniforms too, which didn't hurt, along with some very talented teams.

I have good memories of those uniforms overall, and if you are seeing a replay of a significant moment in Sabres history, the guys are probably wearing the red/white/black stuff.

Anyway, so what's with the "Royal blue"?  It's cheesy.

Conceptually, I do think we should stick with our historically correct colors, so I don't mind the return to white/gold/blue, but then you have to try and make the most of it.  A darker, navy type blue is a step in the right direction.  I would love to see the gold somehow represented as more of a gold and not a red-tinged yellow as they are now.

I believe I have done this before,  but I will attach a photo of one of the few good looks I have ever seen with our color scheme.  Would be nice to work a tiny bit of red into it so we can replicate this with our uniforms:

swissguard.jpg

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Someone please explain the generally accepted widespread love for "royal blue" with our uniforms.

I find it to be cheesy and the deep navy blue is a much classier, longer lasting look.  I agree it does tend to look too dark on TV, but that's a different matter entirely.

It's funny, b/c I think most Sabres fans LOVE our uniforms, like they are clearly among the best in the league.

I have been looking at them since the 1970s and have ALWAYS found them to be kind of cheesy.   Blue, white, and gold is not really a great color grouping and there's nothing special about them other than the leaping Buffalo logo, which I do like.

I hated the goat's head, but otherwise LOVED the switch to red, black, and white at the time.  When we wore our all blacks, we looked positively evil and the overall look was fantastic.

We had some very tough teams wearing those uniforms too, which didn't hurt, along with some very talented teams.

I have good memories of those uniforms overall, and if you are seeing a replay of a significant moment in Sabres history, the guys are probably wearing the red/white/black stuff.

Anyway, so what's with the "Royal blue"?  It's cheesy.

Conceptually, I do think we should stick with our historically correct colors, so I don't mind the return to white/gold/blue, but then you have to try and make the most of it.  A darker, navy type blue is a step in the right direction.  I would love to see the gold somehow represented as more of a gold and not a red-tinged yellow as they are now.

I believe I have done this before,  but I will attach a photo of one of the few good looks I have ever seen with our color scheme.  Would be nice to work a tiny bit of red into it  so we can replicate this with our uniforms:

swissguard.jpg

They DO have a tiny bit of red in the unis at present & historically.

48 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree.  I loved the black and red, and loved that logo. I wish the Sabres would use them as a 3rd jersey on a regular basis.

The goat heads would actually look very good in B&G.  (Though it just seems wrong not having Sabres in the logo.)

Edited by Taro T

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.